Hi all, my name is François, I live in Toulouse in the south west of France and I have been practicing English cars, and Triumphs in particular, for a long time…

I started with a 1958 TR3 in 1991 that I kept until 2017. 26 years of regular annoyances, small breakdowns, various misfortunes which means that I can say that its normal state was the breakdown and that between two inevitable breakdowns, she agreed to take me for a ride…

When it left, I replaced it with a Caterham 120, which I appreciated everything except the gearbox and it only remained for a year, replaced by a 485S, bestial, violent and very irascible…

At the same time, I was lucky to buy a Lotus 111R that I regret every day so much I loved everything about it…

But certainly, I missed the antiques and after having sold everything, I bought back last September what for me was my Holy Grail : a TR2, but not just any one: a BRG long doors with overdrive !

Just arrivée from L’os Angeles, not or very little restored and in rather very good condition, although some care needed to be perfect…

I undertook to coursify it in the spirit of the 1955 Le Mans TR2s.

No more chatter, here is the « bolide » :

ABD54D2A-8C31-4ECB-8CB4-7170E48551FB.jpeg

Lovely looking car

i must admit I prefer the red to the green

but I also like the yellow seen on some cars

perhaps you could consider a light blue as a homage to your French heritage and location ?

h

I'm with Hamish, a very nice car and the "sporting" lips and roundels serve to attract the attention of motorists driving lesser autos. I don't think the green is too bad, yellow is often a choice but these days links to a Lotus heritage. I've seen the "blue lipped" sidescreen paint scheme before and it works well.

Mick Richards 

Another long door TR2 and a very nice one indeed. What is the Commission number. Mine is TS3732O.

IMG_0787.jpg

Thanks !  :)

Lovely red one ! :wub:

Mine is 2829 LO, not so far, certainly made in july 54. Your TR2 is one of the last 2, certainly made two months later, in september. :)

I choosed the green because in 55, the three TR2s were red, white and… green.

The green was that of the boss Ken Richardson but I can not find a photo or color film to determine the exact shade of green used…

Today, we see, it is true, a lot of TR2 in yellow, Lotus style, but I am not sure that historically this is correct, even if indeed it is quite pretty ... ^_^

Edited by Teher

Teher,

welcome to our forum, and what a fabulous car.

I know you are going to be a regular contributor here, so a christian name would be nice?

We are such a friendly crowd.

John.

1 hour ago, Teher said:

Thanks !  :)

Lovely red one ! :wub:

Mine is 2829 LO, not so far, certainly made in july 54. Your TR2 is one of the last 2, certainly made two months later, in september. :)

I choosed the green because in 55, the three TR2s were red, white and… green.

The green was that of the boss Ken Richardson but I can not find a photo or color film to determine the exact shade of green used…

Today, we see, it is true, a lot of TR2 in yellow, Lotus style, but I am not sure that historically this is correct, even if indeed it is quite pretty ... ^_^

You are right, 15 Sep 1954. My other short door TR2 is TS5038O, 10 Dec 54.

At Pikeys.JPG

Red interiors are the most beautiful ! :wub:

Otherwise, I told you in my presentation, my first name is François… Impossible for an english to pronounce it correctly, then they all call me « Fran soise » (who’s the feminine of my first name) :D

Without anything, it's good too ...

F8224173-8683-431A-85F7-746C00ADC58E.jpeg

We are a group of TR men and we go out regularly. :)

Moreover, on June 18, we have planned to go to lunch in a castle some 110 kilometers away. :rolleyes:

1EA89BE4-EC40-4332-BA6E-4A92215071EE.jpeg

Edited by Teher
  • 2 months later...

It's been a long time since I last spoke to you about « The Bolide »… 

By removing the green sticker, in places, preferred to follow the latter rather than stay on the Bolide ... :o

The result was so unsightly and I was so too shocked, that I did not want to immortalize it ... :angry:

But I wasted no time and I attacked my workshop, as soon as possible, so I started my turn of the grille with peel-off paint and restored the Bolide to its old configuration, while waiting for it to be painted, probably at the start of the school year ...

After proper masking and dismantling of the additional lights, I emptied, in multiple layers, the red spray paint and if the result is far from (very) good, it is (very) good from far... :blink:

The more observant will point out to me (yes, yes ...) that it is now thicker than before… Bravo! Well seen, it is true and it conforms! ;)

Those most attentive to my Triumphist peregrinations will point out to me (yes, yes ...) that I should not forget the formidable little rear end of the little monster! They are right, the color reminder was done immediately and posed to subtly embellish the Bolide’s rump with a subtle patch of color ... :wub:

There followed an inauguration in order, at good speed, in the company of Madame, in the surrounding countryside ...B)

Now I'm waiting for my Lucas switches to tackle my dashboard.

BC07E77A-AB16-4C01-A720-E9F80E68E71E.jpeg

9E1A65D5-34F9-4334-BF4E-973B096A8090.jpeg

Edited by Teher

While waiting for my new Brooklands windshield glass, I decided to make a seal ...:blink:

On the original Brooks, there was a groove under the lower post, allowing the rubber blade to be threaded.

Those who ride Brooklands, the diehards, what ... know that modern remakes have no throats and are even flatter than a dab ...

It was therefore necessary to hold the rubber blade in a permanent way ...:ph34r:

So I relapsed in the use of aluminum angle!

Once cut, the 11x11 aluminum angle iron is glued under the nose screen.

I searched all over the place for rubber until I realized ... TR's windshield seal was the best! ;)

Neither one nor two, with a shot of Bolide, I went to Nostagic British Cars, a few kilometers from home and after my shopping I cut the joint ...

A test validated the aesthetic evidence: it's perfect! The undersides of the Brooklands are almost as airtight as an Oyster to the water sea !:rolleyes:

Of course, I'm struggling a bit for my new taller and more "bulbous" windows which will replace the original low windows, but I do not despair of getting them before winter ...

FBB68C3C-629E-4270-A542-B76486F641FB.jpeg

37B17740-3E4A-4ED2-8F7A-D4EF52734BD3.jpeg

On 6/6/2021 at 3:36 PM, Teher said:

Hi all, my name is François, I live in Toulouse in the south west of France and I have been practicing English cars, and Triumphs in particular, for a long time…

I started with a 1958 TR3 in 1991 that I kept until 2017. 26 years of regular annoyances, small breakdowns, various misfortunes which means that I can say that its normal state was the breakdown and that between two inevitable breakdowns, she agreed to take me for a ride…

When it left, I replaced it with a Caterham 120, which I appreciated everything except the gearbox and it only remained for a year, replaced by a 485S, bestial, violent and very irascible…

At the same time, I was lucky to buy a Lotus 111R that I regret every day so much I loved everything about it…

But certainly, I missed the antiques and after having sold everything, I bought back last September what for me was my Holy Grail : a TR2, but not just any one: a BRG long doors with overdrive !

Just arrivée from L’os Angeles, not or very little restored and in rather very good condition, although some care needed to be perfect…

I undertook to coursify it in the spirit of the 1955 Le Mans TR2s.

No more chatter, here is the « bolide » :

ABD54D2A-8C31-4ECB-8CB4-7170E48551FB.jpeg

Very nice. I'm a TR2 person, one short door car and one long door car. The TR6 is mine but is just a ring in.

3 TRs 4.jpg

4 hours ago, Teher said:

While waiting for my new Brooklands windshield glass, I decided to make a seal ...:blink:

On the original Brooks, there was a groove under the lower post, allowing the rubber blade to be threaded.

Those who ride Brooklands, the diehards, what ... know that modern remakes have no throats and are even flatter than a dab ...

It was therefore necessary to hold the rubber blade in a permanent way ...:ph34r:

So I relapsed in the use of aluminum angle!

Once cut, the 11x11 aluminum angle iron is glued under the nose screen.

I searched all over the place for rubber until I realized ... TR's windshield seal was the best! ;)

Neither one nor two, with a shot of Bolide, I went to Nostagic British Cars, a few kilometers from home and after my shopping I cut the joint ...

A test validated the aesthetic evidence: it's perfect! The undersides of the Brooklands are almost as airtight as an Oyster to the water sea !:rolleyes:

Of course, I'm struggling a bit for my new taller and more "bulbous" windows which will replace the original low windows, but I do not despair of getting them before winter ...

FBB68C3C-629E-4270-A542-B76486F641FB.jpeg

37B17740-3E4A-4ED2-8F7A-D4EF52734BD3.jpeg

The seal looks excellent.  
Well done.

I too used the regular lower windscreen seal for this job.  Mine fits in a aluminium ‘c’ channel from some MG hood.

Cheers

Peter W

My aeroscreens don't have a groove in the bottom so gluing an old lower windscreen seal won't work.

I used some 3mm thick rubber cut and glued to the inside lower edge.

IMG_0874.jpg

Ok…

This is the aluminium angle glued under the brook and waiting for it seal…

In my opinion, this was a good solution, since the width of the angle combined with that of the seal allows the latter to be almost flush with the lower upright of the Brookland… ;)

4E5901DE-F95C-4C80-866C-421C77A2479A.jpeg

Certainly not very consistent with the origin, but it works! :)

Edited by Teher