Stainless trim on seals 1972 cp

Hi all

the trim strip that runs along the seal on the near side of my car is missing (just the rivets left) the other side is still there but I can only count 5 rivets in total,when I look at the remaining strip I can see no evidence of a rivet on the bottom of the rear wing,nor even on the other side where it’s just the rivets showing.So does this mean that the last bit of trim just rests against the bottom of the rear wing which seems to be ever so slightly proud of the bottom of the door when looking along its length? The other side (fitted trim) seems to be doing just that,

any thoughts most welcome lads

1 hour ago, nigelcurry said:

Hi all

the trim strip that runs along the seal on the near side of my car is missing (just the rivets left) the other side is still there but I can only count 5 rivets in total,when I look at the remaining strip I can see no evidence of a rivet on the bottom of the rear wing,nor even on the other side where it’s just the rivets showing.So does this mean that the last bit of trim just rests against the bottom of the rear wing which seems to be ever so slightly proud of the bottom of the door when looking along its length? The other side (fitted trim) seems to be doing just that,

any thoughts most welcome lads

No there should be a riveted clip on the bottom of the wing as well, if the wing sticks out its probably due to poor shaped replacement sill as the wing should sit nice to the sill so the strip sits flush all along.

Stuart.

Tonys TR6 384.jpg