Reduced oil pressure after oil/filter change

I thought I would change the oil and filter in my TR6. It suffers from slightly low oil pressure as the cam bores in the block are worn. After the oil and filter change the oil pressure was lower than usual. As I had used the same oil (Valvoline VR1) the only difference was the filter. The one I removed was a Halfords HOF265 and the replacement a MANN W719/30.  I had a spare HOF265 so removed the MANN filter and fitted the spare Halfords one. This resulted in the oil pressure returning to the pre oil/filter change level. 

I am not too worried about the oil pressure as I am well aware of the reasons behind it being what it is but I was a little surprised at the difference the oil filter made. 

Chris

I've seen a similar effect on the Ford V6 in my Scimitar GTE. A Halfords filter gave about 10psi lower oil pressure than a genuine Ford filter, so in this case the Halfords filter reduced the pressure.

All oil filters are not the same!

Nigel

13 hours ago, TRsixchris said:

I thought I would change the oil and filter in my TR6. It suffers from slightly low oil pressure as the cam bores in the block are worn. After the oil and filter change the oil pressure was lower than usual. As I had used the same oil (Valvoline VR1) the only difference was the filter. The one I removed was a Halfords HOF265 and the replacement a MANN W719/30.  I had a spare HOF265 so removed the MANN filter and fitted the spare Halfords one. This resulted in the oil pressure returning to the pre oil/filter change level. 

I am not too worried about the oil pressure as I am well aware of the reasons behind it being what it is but I was a little surprised at the difference the oil filter made. 

Chris

I found that when I used a Mann filter - now gone back to the K&N one.