Building a Dream

I enjoyed that. 

thanks for sharing it Deggers

It gets driven, its sound wonderful and looks used. The real ones get hidden away in secure aircon storage, silent and dead.  For me, fakery is justified.

Great car and the right attitude. There's just something about an alloy body that's left to show it's scars.

Mick Richards

Doesn’t it start out that he found an original body !!

it’s a great car. And a wonderful owner attitude.

10 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Doesn’t it start out that he found an original body !!

it’s a great car. And a wonderful owner attitude.

But it's still a bitsa and he doesn't care, neither should we. It removes the "when is a car too valuable to be used" fear that Pete posted a week ago. The body is probably worth £250k by itself for somebody with one that totals it and needs to replace it.

Mick Richards

Just saying that finding the body was the catalyst for this great project. 
I have fortunately been brought up being around people who used their cars for what they were designed for despite their rising values. 
admittedly probably bought at a time when they were hundreds of pounds rather than hundred of thousands to millions 

30 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Just saying that finding the body was the catalyst for this great project. 
I have fortunately been brought up being around people who used their cars for what they were designed for despite their rising values. 
admittedly probably bought at a time when they were hundreds of pounds rather than hundred of thousands to millions 

Agreed.

Mick Richards