TR6 K&N Air Filter.

Hi Guys and Girls,

Has anyone fitted these K&N Air filters to their TR6. CP 150 fuel injection cars

What are your thoughts on these re performance / noise / fitting vs the standard set up

I have the single K&N filter on the end of air intake manifold at the moment

Anyone have any photos of them on their car, if so could you please share.

Regards,

David

knr0990pic1_11.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

K&N do a direct replacement filter that fits inside the standard end airbox setup, had one in my Triumph 2.5Pi saloon for years, worked well engine breathed more freely and minimal increase in engine noise over standard filter, cleaned it twice over the course of 20 odd years, so win win over the cost of standard filters replaced every couple of years.

Cheers Rob

I have a K & N in the air box and drilled a couple of 2" dia holes in the housing to allow for a bit more air flow.

I have also done the 3 K&N's see photos. For the 3 K&N's make sure the connector is long enough so that the body of the filter is away from the throttle linkage. I had some interference so used some turbo adapters (similar to these https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-2710?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKCAjwtdeFBhBAEiwAKOIy5-VWWBCLYlIbhyc4WOAB-nmKAqhxfC2DQkvFzYDB4bRHKdR-0XmeexoCKqUQAvD_BwE)  to space the filters away. Doing this means you need a sleeve to mate the filter to the turbo adapter as they are the same ID. I only went with the turbo adapters as the rubber boots for the plenum had split.

I think there was bit more induction noise with them but performance was about the same.

The engine bay has been cleaned up a bit since these were taken.

Simon

tr k & N filters 1.jpg

tr k & N filters 2.jpg

Edited by kiwican
On 6/1/2021 at 4:39 PM, Rob Salisbury said:

K&N do a direct replacement filter that fits inside the standard end airbox setup, had one in my Triumph 2.5Pi saloon for years, worked well engine breathed more freely and minimal increase in engine noise over standard filter, cleaned it twice over the course of 20 odd years, so win win over the cost of standard filters replaced every couple of years.

Cheers Rob

Got one in my injected tr6 works well and great value as it only needs cleaning periodically,

Mick.