Wind tunnel test on MGF and MX 5 shewed mesh type was best compared to clear plastic screen or nothing at all.  It improved the vehicle coefficient of drag compared to soft top down only.

Peter W

On 6/1/2021 at 12:41 PM, Phil Read said:

Can any one recommend a wind deflector that works well and wont break the bank? There are many mesh ones around £100+ but do they work. What is the best shape?

Phil,

TRR member Chris Russell used to make the 'BreezeBreaker' several years ago but unfortunately he stopped making them; the BreezeBreaker is still considered by many the best around and they do crop up on eBay from time-to-time. Try putting an ad on the 'Wanted' section as members do sell them on, in fact that's how I found my second one - there is also a MX5 seat variant with a slightly higher frame for the headrest, photos of both below:

Cheers, Andrew

IMG_20110305_131548.thumb.jpg.afaf072a6af29ebaf502a88ff37844cc.jpg

DSC_0642.thumb.JPG.36ff0f88a3bbf65d5001d08bf62a6b79.JPG

I have a windblocker spare if anyone wants it. It doesn't have all the brackets, but they are pretty simple.