Carbs over filling?

Hi folks. I was sorting a problem with my indicators today which meant turning the ignition on and off several times to check workings. My car is fitted with triple Weber's. I got the indicators fixed but noticed fuel was dripping from the first carb. This surely shouldn't happen? The float should turn off the supply? Any advice on how to go about fixing this please? Is it an easy fix? Or recommendation for triple weber expert please.

Thanks in advance Richard

What fuel pump do you have Richard ?  If it is an electrical one you may need a fuel pressure regulator as many of them have too high a fuel pressure.  

Thanks for the response ntc. Do you think the only problem is the fuel pressure from the pump is stronger than the carb can cope with then and I should turn the pressure down on the regulator?

Thank you for your replies guys. I guess there is no harm in replacing float needles. If only I knew what and where they are? Is it an easy task please?

17 minutes ago, Richmac said:

Thank you for your replies guys. I guess there is no harm in replacing float needles. If only I knew what and where they are? Is it an easy task please?

Yep and only the top of the carbs need to come off for the parts and gaskets try looking up Webcon

Edited by ntc

Did you read the Weber book?  It covers floats and needle valves.

http://240260280.com/Tech/Carbs/Weber/DCOE Theory Operation and Tuning.html

spares etc

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/eurocarbdellortoandwebercarbs/Service-kits/_i.html?_storecat=11

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have been reading the links supplied above, thank you guys. and also looking at some videos on youtube. I have now taken the top off one of my carbs and have some questions please

1. My needle valve I have removed is a 175. Can I assume all three carbs will have the same size? 

2. On removal the valve falls easily out of the threaded holder. Is this normal or does this indicate wear?

3. The pin holding the float on was also loose. Easily removed by hand. Should this be tight and therefore need replacing as well?

4. When setting the float height I see a inserting a clear tube into the emulsion tube hole is recommended. This would mean putting the carbs all back together and connected and then disassembling for adjustment surely? On the web it shows setting the floats just touching the needle valve? Any advice on best easiest method please and are clear tubes for this purpose available to purchase?

5. Should I replace the fuel filters or anything else while I have the tops of? I want to make sure I order all the parts I require so I can reassemble without having to wait for more parts to be delivered

And of course I would be grateful for any other tips to make my life easier, achieve best results or avoid pitfalls. 

Thanking you guys in advance Richard