Greetings all, and at last we can start to think about our TR's out and about.

To encourage you all, and to confirm for you how important it is to be able to smile in the face of adversity,

details of a very recent Cumbria group Trip to the West Coast of Scotland.

So for more than a decade now, CG has enjoyed an adventure weekend, based on staying somewhere along the West Coast of Scotland, undoubtedly for us, the finest roads in the UK, for enjoying our cars, and for the last several years we have used the same campsite at the foot of Ben nevis, just outside Fort William.

Two attempts at repeating the trip in 2020 were thwarted by changing Covid 19 regulations, so it was with much anticipation, that this months rearranged event looked to be possible.

With everything in place we met on the M74, and with our pre-arranged stops en route arrived and set up without incident, with covid still being a concern, we were able to both meet all the official requirements and stay safe as a group.

Day two took us to Mallaig, and then out along the Ardnamurchan Pennisular, a favourite, and back in good time to relax before getting started on our evening meal.

I was back in the pod, for  a refresh, when I got a call, 'We've had a disaster, everythings gone!'

Surely not, but yes, devastation is the onlyword, like something from a nes report,  everything had been destroyed by a freak wind, there was little warning, and we had a very substantial, professional gazebo as the main accomodation, anchored down with ratchet straps, and it had been just a bit 'Blowey' nothing to be concerned about at all.

Ah well there you go, best laid plans and all that, we'll re group and Tr on, but it was a bit of a sickener.

John.

glen nevis 57.jpg

glen nevis 58.jpg

glen nevis 51.jpg

glen nevis 52.jpg

glen nevis 55.jpg

glen nevis 56.jpg

glen nevis 54.jpg

glen nevis 53.jpg

Oh dear John , a disaster intially, but no doubt the Cumbria Group will  recover.

Please let me know when you set that Kitchen up again,  it looks very professional. 

Cheers,  Conrad. 

John

that is so frustrating. I hope you can carry on the fun times regardless. 

Hi John,

sorry for your mishap.

from across the Pennines we too love the Ardnamurchan peninsular, having had several holidays there.   Some photos of mine were posted on This post.   The beaches south of Mallaig are also spectacular.
I agree about the roads and scenery of west Scotland and we usually have at least two weeks there each year.  Our bank holiday weekend stay has been cancelled twice due to Covid but we have two cottages / weeks planned for later in the year.

How long are your trips, just two days or an extended weekend ?

Paul