Identification stamp

Greet, Oh sage ones.

The value assessor came yesterday to value my car for insurance purposes. He was pretty convinced that there should be an identification number stamped in the bodywork somewhere. Is there? I showed him the aluminum plate riveted to the B post, and the two tags riveted on the bulkhead. Is there anything else?

Regards,

Austin

4 minutes ago, Austin Branson said:

Greet, Oh sage ones.

The value assessor came yesterday to value my car for insurance purposes. He was pretty convinced that there should be an identification number stamped in the bodywork somewhere. Is there? I showed him the aluminum plate riveted to the B post, and the two tags riveted on the bulkhead. Is there anything else?

Regards,

Austin

Depends if its a Malines built car or a UK built one, Malines built would have chassis number stamped on the Right had (either front or rear) lower front inner suspension mounting block and also stamped on the top of the front right hand footwell.

UK built cars including left hand drive export cars dont they only have the ones you have already pointed out.

Stuart.

Austin,

As noted by Stuart if your TR6 is a Malines built TR6 you will find the number stamped onto the top of the right hand chassis as per image sent to me by the late Jean Roulleaux. 

Derek

Chassis stamp 2.jpg

Chassis stamp 1.jpg