Can anyone let me know what the huge lump of sponge is for on my interior kit please.

Its not in the workshop manual.

And the old one didn't have such a thing??????????????????????????

P1080485.jpg

P1080486.jpg

AAAAAAhh I think I see, I won't cut it off yet until its all together, BTW, is there a pic anywhere of the clip positions where the 3 hood covers are supposed to go, do you know?

Hi Pete,

here are a couple of pics for thew side flaps.  However they need to be put where they fit best.

The carpet on the rear seat has a LTD fastener (female) with a stud in the floor. The carpet has a large eyelet the goes on before the caret locks it into position.

Sorry no pic at the mo - maybe tomorrow.

Roger

P1060340a.jpg

P1060341a.jpg

8 hours ago, Quicksilver said:

it is mounted with a small (fabric)seam between chrome capping and tank deck. The original part is slightly smaller and better in shape.

Marcel.

You could also glue the fabric flap to the back of the seat back panel.

As Marcel stated the original had a nice feathered shape to it. The two ends tapered down. This gave the seat back top a straighter line from one side to the other.

Roger

Edited by RogerH
4 hours ago, RogerH said:

You could also glue the fabric flap to the back of the seat back panel.

As Marcel stated the original had a nice feathered shape to it. The two ends tapered down. This gave the seat back top a straighter line form ne side to the other.

Roger

Roger the sponge is in fact glued to the rear panel.