Parts for those in Euroland

Hi

After being stung an additional £20 for an order from Rimmers (import tax) for a new set of head nuts I have found this company in Belgium to be really good. and if you call them, they really know what they are talking about

Philips Classics

www.philipsclassics.be

Waldi, maybe you know them?

Richard

Edited by AarhusTr6

Thank you for that Richard, the website is a bit difficult to use, but does use a Moss catologue and prices in £'s, you have to send email for the parts you need and they price it and and add carriage, may be interesting as I think the TVA is a different amount compared to France.

John

Hi Richard,

I do not know them.

Locoparts in Holland also provided me with a free copy of a Moss catalogue. I think they obtain parts from Moss. I ordered several parts for an Healy 3000 from them in the past, and some for the TR6; but ordering from Moss directly was cheaper (for the sane quality). They are very helpfull, do not have a comprehensive parts website but can provide you with a quote if you ask/mail them. https://lococlassics.nl/en/nieuwedelen/

Another company in Holland is TriumphCentre Nico Baas, they do have a comprehensive website for parts, both new and SH, have a look:

https://triumphcentre.nl/webwinkel/

There are other suppliers in the EU like Limora and Bastuck, but I have not (or limeted) ordered from them.

Groeten,
Waldi

I must say trying these new ones/sites listed above Moss and Rimmers do have very good internet sites,  its a pity their parts are not as top notch!  (sometimes ):rolleyes:

Hi

I spoke to Petra at Philipps in Belgium and she said they have a lot more stock, and they are still building their webshop so if you cant see it, call them.  I am buying some really nice chrome air filters from them (KN Copies) and they knew about how they should be fitted and adapted which was also really good.

I think this may be my go-to place going forward, its just too much hassle buying from the UK, those head stud/bolts took 2-3 weeks with them getting stuck at Told/Customs for several days for checking, then an email to me telling me I needed to pay £20 in charges, then being released from customs, then getting lost as a new shipping label needed making  . . ah, cant be bothered and its kinda sad as I'd like to support UK business, but its just not worth it.

Richard

1 hour ago, Waldi said:

Hi Richard,

I do not know them.

Locoparts in Holland also provided me with a free copy of a Moss catalogue. I think they obtain parts from Moss. I ordered several parts for an Healy 3000 from them in the past, and some for the TR6; but ordering from Moss directly was cheaper (for the sane quality). They are very helpfull, do not have a comprehensive parts website but can provide you with a quote if you ask/mail them. https://lococlassics.nl/en/nieuwedelen/

Another company in Holland is TriumphCentre Nico Baas, they do have a comprehensive website for parts, both new and SH, have a look:

https://triumphcentre.nl/webwinkel/

There are other suppliers in the EU like Limora and Bastuck, but I have not (or limeted) ordered from them.

Groeten,
Waldi

Thanks Waldi

Oh I do like Dutch;  Hoofdstroomschakelaar = cut off switch :-) - - which actually I can read and my German is Ok'ish and my Danish is not bad after 14 years of being here!

Richard

I've looked at a few of the EU parts suppliers and not many of them list Ireland as a shipping destination.

I've queried this with Betaset (twice) and have yet to get a reply.

Limora and Bastuck however do ship to ROI.

I've been using the TR Shop in Chiswick who have been shipping with Fedex, and they usually arrive in 3-4 business days. They don't charge VAT at their end, so you only pay for the local (in my case French) tax and Fedex charges which turns out very reasonable. I bought a metering unit, 4 injectors and a few other items which I would have had to pay £171 in VAT (if I lived in the UK), whereas the charges I actually paid was 236€ (about £206).

I have no affiliation with the TR Shop whatsoever, but when you get service this good I think it's worth passing on.

Cheers, Robert

On 5/20/2021 at 4:16 PM, Waldi said:

Locoparts in Holland also provided me with a free copy of a Moss catalogue. I think they obtain parts from Moss. I ordered several parts for an Healy 3000 from them in the past, and some for the TR6; but ordering from Moss directly was cheaper (for the sane quality).

That seems to be my experience. All the -with respect- “smaller” suppliers with the moss catalogs just order at moss and count their % on top. For me, my requests also turned out more expensive everytime. So I don’t count them in as valid alternative. 

Angloparts, Limora, Bastuck and Moss (paris) seems to be choice of “big” suppliers for Belgium in Euroland. 

Any other ones to add?

The issue I have is the handling charge to collect the local tax . . that is almost £20, so unless a big order I dont go to UK for buying anymore, plus bad experience on customs checks checking and holding, but maybe Fedex is better

1 hour ago, AarhusTr6 said:

The issue I have is the handling charge to collect the local tax . . that is almost £20, so unless a big order I dont go to UK for buying anymore, plus bad experience on customs checks checking and holding, but maybe Fedex is better

I used Fedex for parts of a hardtop from the US (living in Belgium), a 215€ Invoice. 
Customs: 85€ on top via Fedex

Edited by washi

Hi,

Just been stung myself on a TNT (Fed Ex) bill for 65 Euros for a £105 purchase from Moss UK.

I don't mind paying the local TVA (VAT) to the French government but the Fed Ex "Admin" cost is just not on and I am not sure how they calculate the 20% TVA either.

Much of the time (now) I am only needing smaller items so thanks to contributors above with the other possible sources of TR bits from Europe and I will check these out. Also need to explore Moss in Paris to see if prices are similar to the UK sourced items.

John

Just had 2 deliveries of parts from Limora. Oldtimer in Germany to uk. No tax and no surcharge , it’s your country and local carriers charging you the extra not moss or UK suppliers . 
graham

1 hour ago, John McLennan said:

Hi,

Just been stung myself on a TNT (Fed Ex) bill for 65 Euros for a £105 purchase from Moss UK.

I don't mind paying the local TVA (VAT) to the French government but the Fed Ex "Admin" cost is just not on and I am not sure how they calculate the 20% TVA either.

Much of the time (now) I am only needing smaller items so thanks to contributors above with the other possible sources of TR bits from Europe and I will check these out. Also need to explore Moss in Paris to see if prices are similar to the UK sourced items.

John

Hi John

Did Moss UK charge you VAT on the purchase? 

Cheers, Robert

12 hours ago, rwest said:

Hi John

Cheers, Robert

Moss remove the VAT if they see its for export, which is good, but as mentioned, many countries have an admin cost to recover the local tax, and here its about £20 + the tax value.  Second, sometimes it gets stuck in customs and if you need the part, well its a waiting pain!  So unless I simply cannot find in UK I go 'local' now.

I compared prices between Moss Paris and Moss UK.

Example:

headlining kit for hard top 717504: Price in UK: 107,5 GB pounds ex VAT, which equals 150-155 euro including VAT. Off course, import costs will be higher for UK orders.  
Price in Paris: 173,76 euro including VAT. 
So it looks as if ordering in France does not bring any advantage for EU residents.
Waldi

I think I must have just been lucky with my experience so far getting stuff from the UK. I have found that all the parts I wanted to buy in the EU have been far more expensive in comparison to the UK prices, and the surcharges on top of the import duty have remained fairly small and the delivery very quick.

So far I have only bought fairly expensive parts (£500+), so maybe the 'admin' charges are per item and therefore work out as a smaller percentage on more expensive deliveries. Personally, I do find the difference in prices between Moss UK and Moss France quite offensive and I feel like I am being taken advantage of.

10 hours ago, rwest said:

I think I must have just been lucky with my experience so far getting stuff from the UK. I have found that all the parts I wanted to buy in the EU have been far more expensive in comparison to the UK prices, and the surcharges on top of the import duty have remained fairly small and the delivery very quick.

So far I have only bought fairly expensive parts (£500+), so maybe the 'admin' charges are per item and therefore work out as a smaller percentage on more expensive deliveries. Personally, I do find the difference in prices between Moss UK and Moss France quite offensive and I feel like I am being taken advantage of.

I think the different tax regimes in the two countries will account for most of the difference in prices between France and the UK. I just bought some furflex door trim from the Uk as I could not get the correct colour from, an EU supplier, French  tva 15 euros handling fee from DHL which are part of deutsche post group 17 euros. It’s not  the EU taking advantage it’s the transport companies 

cheers

Alan 

17 hours ago, Waldi said:

I compared prices between Moss Paris and Moss UK.

Example:

headlining kit for hard top 717504: Price in UK: 107,5 GB pounds ex VAT, which equals 150-155 euro including VAT. Off course, import costs will be higher for UK orders.  
Price in Paris: 173,76 euro including VAT. 
So it looks as if ordering in France does not bring any advantage for EU residents.
Waldi

I reached same conclusion so I will try to order in uk...better to group orders though

On 5/28/2021 at 9:31 PM, rwest said:

Hi John

Cheers, Robert

Hi Robert,

No, Moss did not apply VAT and I have no problem in paying the 20% due to the French government but I do not wish to get robbed on the way.

John

2 hours ago, John McLennan said:

Hi Robert,

No, Moss did not apply VAT and I have no problem in paying the 20% due to the French government but I do not wish to get robbed on the way.

John

Hi John,

I was just checking because another company (I won't mention their name), did charge me VAT in the early days after Brexit.

There doesn't seem to be much correlation between the price of the product and the price that the couriers charge, so bundling up orders seems to be the most cost effective way. I find that most of the prices from EU suppliers are way higher than the UK, and often it actually takes them longer to deliver than shipping from the UK. I really would prefer to give my money to the locals, but I'm not that rich :D

Cheers, Robert