What other 'Sports' cars do you drive - new or old

14 minutes ago, Colin Symonds said:

BMW Z3M, ridiculous amounts of power (326hp) for a car the size of a TR6, but great fun in the dry and a good track day car.

That sounds a lot of fun!

years ago i had an Alpina Roadster S, which is a z4 with a handmade alpina 3.4l motor, suspension etc.

that had 300bhp and was a lot of fun so i can imagine the Z3M is a riot !

daily currently is another Alpina, a D4 Biturbo, ‘only’ 350BHP but 700NM of torque from 1500 revs...... and RWD, its a monster !

steve

1930 M-type  20 bhp, crash gearbox.  (It teaches you anticipation and patience):ph34r:

175973462_Churchyard.jpg.0a1f8e01ae4781ac281c9a0c9184e8b3.jpg

1970 Dodge Challenger.  Approx 400HP, 500ft-lbs torque from 408 cubic V8 (stroked 360 Chrysler LA block) with stock Chrysler A833 4-speed trans.  

Owned since 1989, was my drive to work car for 10 years, sat for 10 after and has had two restorations since 2009.  First one left some issues which I went back and handled.

From factory it had glue-on vinyl roof which trapped moisture and made rust issues on and under the roof.  Put on new roof skin, hood, fender, rear quarters.  Door skins are only original sheet metal on car now.  All stock interior and other fittings on car.

IMG_0973.JPG

IMG_0971.JPG

Until a month ago, my '99 registered Boxster that I have owned for 16 years. It was just fun.

But Mayor Sadiq Khan has done for me. Come October, the ULEZ (Ultra Low Emission Zone) will extend to the North Circular and I live a couple of miles inside it. Damned if I was going to pay £12.50 (and no doubt increasing) every time I used the car. Considered a lock up outside the NC but decided it was too expensive and inconvenient. The 3A is already in a lock up about a mile away but that is exempt from the charge.

Would not have sold it otherwise. Barely run in at 80k miles. It has gone to a friend though...

IMG_0275.thumb.jpg.842d7e2539039f272d5e37f9af814804.jpg

Miles

Don't anyone dare laugh...

A Renault Megane Cabrio Diesel Sport.   It has similar acceleration to my TR4A and slightly lower top speed.  It's a four seater, comfortable for two adults in the back though they have to be pretty fit to wriggle into there, has an enormous boot (plus back seats for luggage if unoccupied) - and it does 60mpg.   And I can lower the roof just by pressing a button.   Too cushy?  Yes of course, but I'm nearly 80, and my 4A is still in use.

David

OK you can laugh but my daily drive Volvo, its actually an ex-Police Interceptor (V70ES spec) so has seriously uprated brakes and suspension plus its been chipped and delimited, fastest dog van around.;):lol:

Stuart.

My daily driver is my 2015 Mini Cooper S. British built and goes like proverbial "molested" ape. I am doing 100 MPH before I know it.

Being a naval history buff I have used the DRED NOT specialty plate for years. Look closely and you can see that I embellished it with the White Ensign. Being sort of Haze grey in color with a black top it looks somewhat naval-ish.

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

Sorry to say the M word, but we are sharing the International with them

A 1966 MGB Roadster , fitted professionally with a 3.9 Range Rover V8. Goes like Hell and sounds fantastic. with Uprated everything to cope with the power.

Conrad.

My not TR car is a 1965 Sunbeam Tiger, fully 'nut and bolt' restored by me 10 years ago. 

Great car to drive with it's 4.2 Lt Ford 260 Mustang V8 engine.

Rich

P1010360.resize.JPG

Some great cars, love the Tomato, Tiger and the Midget too :-)

2 hours ago, Steves_TR6 said:

Some great cars, love the Tomato, Tiger and the Midget too :-)

Petes Tomato still for sale I think steve. Look good in your collection 

I think a couple of DeTom s went through bonhams last week. 
https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/27194/lot/22/?category=list&length=96&page=1

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/27194/lot/27/?category=list&length=96&page=1

I've got another red two seater sports car as a daily driver alongside my TR6. It's a 2018 model Abarth 124 Spider

2 hours ago, Hamish said:

Petes Tomato still for sale I think steve. Look good in your collection 

I think a couple of DeTom s went through bonhams last week. 

I don’t have room for another bike let alone a giant Tomato Hamish !