Hi,

I've been uprating the suspension on my TR4 and it looks like the rear of the car now needs to be lowered by approx 1" following the changes.  I've read on other posts that I can solve this with longer shackles on the rear springs (I assume 1" longer?).  Does anyone know where I can get these or where I can get them made?

Thanks

Myles

Not hard to do yourself,

4  x shackle material about 1” longer than your current fitted shackles (use flat steel stock of suitable dimensions as fitted) and 4 x bolts and nuts to suit of the correct length needed ( measure your fitted existing shackles).

Drill the shackles 1” longer on the bolt centres with the dia holes to suit your bolts,  insert the bolts and tack weld their heads in position in the shackles.

Remove your existing shackle brackets and refit the new longer shackle brackets... about 3 hours including making the new ones, and maybe £15 in materials and bolts.

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey