Cars Built in Coventry

Part of the Coventry City of Culture year there is a program on tonight BBC4 at 9pm called Built in Coventry more the Classic era so Jags Triumph and Standard, could be a decent way to spend an hour.

Edited by Paul Hill

I confess to feeling somewhat “short changed”.
I expected Jaguar to be strongly represented and Riley was especially presented also. But I didn’t expect to be ‘Billy also rans ’ to the extent of the offhanded mentions of the Standard Triumph range.
The Imp in competition was lauded so generously with it’s lady driver, which Triumph exceeded by a margin with Pat Moss and other notable lady drivers, And the briefest of mentions only for the Triumph TR4 and continental racing, without acknowledgement to across the pond Triumph racing with Kastner et al.

All programs are a compromise but I feel we were barely “mentioned in passing” with the amount of Triumph screen time.

Mick Richards

I enjoyed the programme but seem to think they concentrated more on the trials and tribulations of the owners. 

Will it not stream on You Tube

It was BBC 4 you could try BBC World Service