Finally finished the TR2

I have posted before the progress of my long door TR2 restoration. The final items, the top and sidescreens, were finished yesterday so the car is now complete (as complete as they ever are).

I do think that Triumph produced very good colour schemes. TS3732O was signal red, brown leather and fawn weather equipment. That is how I restored her and although the car is now better quality than Triumph were able to deliver the colours would be very much the same new as this car is now. The wires are chrome not paint but at least they are 48 spokes original width. 

She has covered 2200 miles since she went back on the road 23 months ago.

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

Edited by John McCormack

Well done John. Very impressive. 

you should be rightly proud of that :D

On 5/16/2021 at 8:44 AM, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Where did the badged horn push originate from?

Peter W

I believe it is a Vanguard item which was possibly fitted to this car by a dealer back in the day.

I have a new horn push if I ever wanted to replace it but I like it and it came with the car when the previous owner bought the car in 1966. He believes it was on the car from new but I don't think so.

So, while not guaranteed fitted from new, it is a period feature.

21 minutes ago, harrytr5 said:

Lovely John,

Now put some smiles on her

Regards Harry TR Nutter

She gets used quite a bit, it isn't a garage queen.

We took her on a 200Km run yesterday for a club seafood lunch north of Sydney (photos). It has now done 2,400 miles with me which is about 1,200 miles a year. While the engine bay is as it left the factory internally it has 87mm bores, half race cam and is balanced. It is quick and drives very nicely.

As I have another TR2 as a daily driver this one can be kept out of the rain and only used when the weather is suitable.

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

Edited by John McCormack

don't you just love Oz :wub:

look at those skies and i can smell the eucalyptus trees from here- strange how smells evoke such strong memories.

H

1 hour ago, John McCormack said:

I believe it is a Vanguard item which was possibly fitted to this car by a dealer back in the day.

I have a new horn push if I ever wanted to replace it but I like it and it came with the car when the previous owner bought the car in 1966. He believes it was on the car from new but I don't think so.

So, while not guaranteed fitted from new, it is a period feature.

Thanks for that.  

Peter W

PS  I have done a dig and found a sales info of the 1963 Vanguard Estate with same fitted.  http://www.pioneer-automobiles.co.uk/Resources/library/Standard Vanguard Estate.html

image.png.9bf55b4836831adbe515f18bcb62e798.png

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
  • 1 month later...