Not TR but be warned.Not used the caravan for over a year you all know why.The van was serviced by dealer before layup. But guess what 40 miles from home on our first trip a wheel fell off! luckily nobody was injured as it was nearside, the other side on rescue was only at 23lbs ! should be 85 needless to say strong words are coming there way.  

Well I'd certainly make them take responsibility, if they've done it to you it could happen to someone else. 

Morning as a HGV driver we have to stop after 30min to re-torque our wheels if they have been off. And if we get them changed by a tyre fitter at the side of the road we have wait 30min and he has to re-torque be for he hands over the very expensive bill. When have our caravan service done by our mobile caravan guy it on the bottom of his paper work it says to re check the wheel nuts.

Mike Redrose group 

Conversely, I had some tyres changed on the modern.       At home, I went to copperslip the back face of the alloys,as previously they had stuck to the hubs.   Half the wheel bolts were tightened to TWICE  the designated value!    Some of the rest to THREE TIMES MORE!!!   I had to get out my 'breaker bar' to undo them, they would have been immovable at the road side.

Usual monkey with a rattle gun, who can go either way.        A "torque wrench" is an unknown term, just wind them in with the windy driver!

John

I think I have mentioned before, they can do it without a windy-gun too. The last time I had new tyres on the daily driver I was initially impressed, to see the fitter carefully check all the nuts with a large torque wrench.  You could hear it click .........after which he continued to lean on the wrench with all his considerable bulk to tighten them quite a lot further.

I recommend anyone in south Cheshire area use the congleton kwikfit 

Ace  people look after all my tyre needs even fit tyres they don’t supply for me on the tr3a not sure they do spokes tho !

but they do have a second person always check the first persons fitting with a  torque wrench. 

H

3 hours ago, Hamish said:

I recommend anyone in south Cheshire area use the congleton kwikfit 

Ace  people look after all my tyre needs even fit tyres they don’t supply for me on the tr3a not sure they do spokes tho !

but they do have a second person always check the first persons fitting with a  torque wrench. 

H

Same technique as Costco Watford

28 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Same technique as Costco Watford

Question is do they know how tight they should be also does the tr owner know what there’s should be with the type of wheel fitted?

You can get torque sticks, they are colour coded torque limiting extensions that are used with a windy gun to stop over tightening and they are very good.

Once wheel studs have been excessively over tightened the threads stretch and thats the problem

Chris