P.I. Expertise & Model Knowledge In West Sussex?

Hi There

I'm new to the forum. I recently acquired a '73 TR6 which had been (well) stored for the last 3 years, and had been working through gentle recommissioning...but have been halted by surgery on my back.

I have two main challenges to address - a misfire which appears to be air in the fuel injection system (I have had some solid guidance from Enginuity) and a metallic 'clonk' from the drive train when releasing the clutch. I had hoped to diagnose the latter but been delayed by misfire and now can't get down on the floor.

I did have someone booked - but it fell through yesterday, and I have a smallish window before the car is booked for paintwork.

I have used Rees Brothers in the past with my TR4 but, like Enginuity, they really are too far from my home (near Arundel).

Can anyone recommend suitable help/expertise, pls?

Many thanks

Rob

Some of the best expertise resides with members of the club. We have local groups who would be delighted to help a new member. See here for your nearest group:  https://www.tr-register.co.uk/groups Contact the group leader to see if there is somebody who lives close to you with the relevant knowledge and is willing to help. One of the many benefits of being a club member.

Mick

Hello Rob

Welcome. I'm just up the road from you in Bury. I often use a chap called Colin Cripps who is based in Storrington for jobs that I don't have the tools or expertise (or inclination) for. Colin operates a mobile service as well as at his premises at Marley Way Garage in Storrington. His telephone number is 01903 742430.

Rod