Warning! Dangerous product

• 1 year later...

Almost two years ago this topic was aired on the Forum and I was under the impression that the PQI and the supplier would be working together to solve what could be serious design fault. Part number 214890 

To date, I have seen nothing on here from either party but perhaps I missed it.

Looking forward to the solution.

John

Hi John
The PQI topic is still live and sitting with Rimmers for them to complete their dialogue with the manufacturers, I will prompt them to see if anything has developed.
Ian

3 hours ago, cvtrian said:

Hi John
The PQI topic is still live and sitting with Rimmers for them to complete their dialogue with the manufacturers, I will prompt them to see if anything has developed.
Ian

Dont hold your breath.

Stuart.

36 minutes ago, stuart said:

Dont hold your breath.

Stuart.

This is when the MD of Rimmers needs a rocket up his arse. Having worked in the death and destruction market for most of my working life where specs apply for everything. My local hose manufacture will not supply that type of fitting for that application?? They will only use swaged sleeves as they have had instances of this problem in the past.

Bruce.

2 hours ago, stuart said:

Dont hold your breath.

Stuart.

The PQI team are part of the SDF activity, operating separately from the TR Register, and whilst our collective goodwill has had great results on many topics with several suppliers, perhaps its time Mike Jennings, as Technical Director, and the TR Register itself, got involved and stood up for its members, particularly if safety is a concern?
I would give Rimmers a big thumbs up on resolving several other issues, most notably a gearbox rebuild and a TR3 exhaust silencer members problems amongst others.
Just my opinion of course, in the interim, we are doing our best.
Ian

1 hour ago, cvtrian said:

The PQI team are part of the SDF activity, operating separately from the TR Register, and whilst our collective goodwill has had great results on many topics with several suppliers, perhaps its time Mike Jennings, as Technical Director, and the TR Register itself, got involved and stood up for its members, particularly if safety is a concern?
I would give Rimmers a big thumbs up on resolving several other issues, most notably a gearbox rebuild and a TR3 exhaust silencer members problems amongst others.
Just my opinion of course, in the interim, we are doing our best.
Ian

We are talking safety here ?? Who wants petrol sprayed all over their engine and exhaust? Then to have a fire which would be the end of someone's pride and joy. Have Rimmer's withdrawn their stock from sale which is normal practice in safety situations? If they are still selling them it just shows how poor a company they are?

Bruce.

9 minutes ago, astontr6 said:

We are talking safety here ?? Who wants petrol sprayed all over their engine and exhaust? Then to have a fire which would be the end of someone's pride and joy. Have Rimmer's withdrawn their stock from sale which is normal practice in safety situations? If they are still selling them it just shows how poor a company they are?

Bruce.

Bruce - I agree with you, it might be more productive if you directed your efforts to the director/person responsible in the TR Register, as outlined above, along with posting on the forum.
Ian

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, michaeldavis39 said:

Is there any other company/supplier that is making a safe hose that I can buy- currently have the none safe one waiting to be fitted- which wont be - so not able to run engine obviously without. I dont care if it costs £150 if its safe I will buy it!

214890S  the stainless steel braided hose offered by Moss has crimped ferrules at each end.  Probably made by Mocal or a similar company not the ‘ brite-n-shiny corp.’

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/hose-fuel-filler-flexible-stainless-steel-braided-214890s.html?assoc=129173

15E07A6B-CCA9-4EA1-AC57-8EB1A30C0693.jpeg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Moss doesn’t specify the hose quality, so I would ask first. I simply would not rely on the (good) reputation of a supplier for high pressure fuel hoses.

Waldi

On 3/26/2023 at 10:37 AM, michaeldavis39 said:

Is there any other company/supplier that is making a safe hose that I can buy- currently have the none safe one waiting to be fitted- which wont be - so not able to run engine obviously without. I dont care if it costs £150 if its safe I will buy it!

Hi Michael,

If you go to Spectrum Hose in High Wycombe they have a web site they would sort you out. They sell DIN spec. ethanol approved hose and can put swaged sleeves on. You will have to give them a sample or drawing of what you want. I think that the fittings are 3/8" BSP? for engine pipe to M/U but that needs checking.

Bruce.