The front mats on my TR3 are looking very worn. Any thoughts between the Moss (Part No. 240-741) and Rimmer (Part No. RW3020) replacements. I like the shield logo on the Rimmer but not particularly the Triumph logo on the Moss. The description of the Moss appear to be a good quality but there is very little description on the Rimmer. 

Have anyone experience of using these or any other supplier. The rest of my carpeting is in good condition.

Cheers

If you only ever drive the car in the dry carpets are fine.   If you use it when it rains then carpets are an horror show that end up smelling of wet cabbage 

I have always replaced carpet floor mats with fitted rubber ones.  
The TR3A came from the factory with them, alas no one makes them now.

The nearest is the Amco over mats that are £24.00 a pair.  They are heavy grade rubber and fit perfectly.  They do wear out but it took me 20 years.  The Amco mats were an original US home market accessory when the cars were new.

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/interior/carpets-floor-coverings/rubber-footwell-mats-tr2-6-52361.html

image.jpeg.a77b9634c0859071288d7d3d6dd28e14.jpeg

I have the Moss items over the top of my carpets and underlay. Very happy with them but will keep an eye on the carpets underneath if I am out in the rain as having the rubber mats on top prevents the carpets drying out.

Ralph

I have rubber mats over the carpet and underlay. The car is driven in all weathers and the rubber mats catch much of the water that gets in. Sometimes I do need to dry the carpets out but it hasn't been an issue yet (in 45 years). The carpets have been replaced twice in the 45 years, the current ones about 10 years ago.

15 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

I have always replaced carpet floor mats with fitted rubber ones.  
The TR3A came from the factory with them, alas no one makes them now.

When I was looking for these original rubber mats I found them here:

The Roadster Factory, item 701237-8T23 FLOOR MAT SET,O.E.TYPE

https://trf.zeni.net/sitesearch_results.php?ul=TR2-TR3Handbook&q=701237-8

Difference to the AMCO style mats is that the OE mats cover the front wall and are fixed by the two metall clips there...

BTW: They have these clips, too: item 561162T24 CLIP,FLOOR MAT

Edited by Black Forest TR3A

I think my mats came from the TR shop, they have the TR logo on, & are on top of my carpets. no dampness on the carpets in 7 years.

Bob.

Edited by Lebro
1 hour ago, Lebro said:

no dampness on the carpets in 87 years.

Bob.

Told you a million times dont exaggerate! :lol::lol:

Stuart.

7 hours ago, Black Forest TR3A said:

When I was looking for these original rubber mats I found them here:

The Roadster Factory, item 701237-8T23 FLOOR MAT SET,O.E.TYPE

https://trf.zeni.net/sitesearch_results.php?ul=TR2-TR3Handbook&q=701237-8

Difference to the AMCO style mats is that the OE mats cover the front wall and are fixed by the two metall clips there...

BTW: They have these clips, too: item 561162T24 CLIP,FLOOR MAT

Thank you Christian

Peter W