Inertia seat belts

Hi Tony,

I have a Surrey Top, .... Securon 514/30's have worked for me, they have a device whereby the can work at any angle so the rear wheel arch just needed a bit of "adjustment" to give a small flat surface for the anchor plate and everything else just bolts into place.

Cheers Rob

Er!!! ....  bashed with a big hammer!!!    just like most of my "maintenance"    TRs were forged in granite and steel!!

Anchor point for my reels is at the top of the arch just level with my shoulder, contoured plate welded to the underside of the arch, then the anchor plate welded to the contoured plate.

Cheers Rob

I mounted my belts a little differently. My car has MX5 seats and a roll-over bar. So I mounted the reel to the bottom/side of the wheel arch, passed the belt through a steel “loop” I added to the roll-over bar, then through a belt guide (I found on eBay) attached to the headrest. With this rig the belt comes over the top of your shoulder rather than resting on it.

Jim

E99A5E5C-938B-4B23-AE25-16594164F895.jpeg

00D5BC9D-A9B6-4776-B0A9-046186D6213E.jpeg