Good morning,

I have just received a trim kit and am in the process of figuring out how it goes. I notice that the tunnel cover has no cut-out for the gearbox filler aperture, is that usual and to those who have original cars, did their trim have such an opening?

Regards

John

2 hours ago, John Reilly said:

Good morning,

I have just received a trim kit and am in the process of figuring out how it goes. I notice that the tunnel cover has no cut-out for the gearbox filler aperture, is that usual and to those who have original cars, did their trim have such an opening?

Regards

John

There wont be a cutout as that kit is universal and covers late model cars that didnt have a dip stick. If you want one you`ll have to do it yourself or fit the tunnel carpet with snap connectors so its easily removable. https://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/category/50/carpet-fasteners

Stuart.

7 hours ago, John Reilly said:

OK Stuart, thanks.

I will do as you suggest, fasten the cover with carpet clips as I do not want to make a hole.

Regards

John

Hi John,

If your car is an earlier one with the dipstick/filler hole it is very handy having the rubber plug. Most gearboxes leak more or less and it is easy to take the plug off and check/refill. It is also a handy reminder to do so.

The same for the universal access plug between the seats.

I've done it to both my TR2s and it also looks the part for an early car. You can see both rubber plugs in this shot of the long door car.

Cockpit driver.jpg

Thanks John, that tunnel looks very nice with the access holes and plugs. It is stretched nicely, much better than the one-piece that I now have in place. It is impossible to get it snug, I'm thinking of putting some padding underneath to try and get shape on it.

Regards

J

• 2 months later...
On 5/11/2021 at 9:30 PM, John Reilly said:

I'm thinking of putting some padding underneath to try and get shape on it.

My first TR a 2 and current TR a 3 havd and have thick horsehair soundproofing. That would do the trick.