Sorry to raise this again. Wish to make passenger seat usable in highly original TR4; is it poss to use existing runners with mx5 or whatever seats so to make easy conversion back to stock.

Similar issue with changing to inertia feel belts, don't want to drill more holes986759805_Screenshot2021-03-23at13_05_04.thumb.png.b0114acf7af90fa5f397890904fdc9f8.png378638478_Screenshot2021-03-23at13_07_19.thumb.png.47dab120aaa0275fffdd6cba62a8d7a4.png

The MX Conversion brackets fit to the original seat mounting bolts in the floors, Modern inertia reel belts will probably need one or more extra holes drilling on a TR4.

Stuart.

Hi Rich, membership not yet through and been blocked from your "for sale" . ?send me info to johnmellor@doctors.org.uk

Regards

Hi John 

I initially attached the inertia reel and the lap strap to the factory mountings on my 4A. I have MX5 seats. The problem was that the reel stopped the seat from going back and when the seat hit the reel, it pushed it out of vertical which often locked the belt. I ended up drilling a hole in the wheel well and turning the reel through 90 degrees. This gave more travel and prevented the reel from being knocked sideways. I put a plate under the bolt in the wheel well to give adequate strength. My 6’ son can finally enjoy the delight of driving a TR!

Rockie

2174C882-6391-48AB-A0BD-D6081DED4C71.jpeg

3 hours ago, Rockie51 said:

Hi John 

I initially attached the inertia reel and the lap strap to the factory mountings on my 4A. I have MX5 seats. The problem was that the reel stopped the seat from going back and when the seat hit the reel, it pushed it out of vertical which often locked the belt. I ended up drilling a hole in the wheel well and turning the reel through 90 degrees. This gave more travel and prevented the reel from being knocked sideways. I put a plate under the bolt in the wheel well to give adequate strength. My 6’ son can finally enjoy the delight of driving a TR!

Rockie

2174C882-6391-48AB-A0BD-D6081DED4C71.jpeg

The reel should be on the top of the arch then you dont get that problem or it can be on the side of the arch directly below the top mounting and just above the parcel shelf thus giving a 3 point fixing.

Stuart.