Ignition switch wiring Triumph TR6 1970

Hi guys I can see two wires have popped out but when I'm checking the wiring does not really make a great deal of sense to me I have uploaded some pictures from me crawling underneath the steering wheel.   The two which have come off are a single white and a red/white.  question is, is the order correct, so going anti clockwise with my head under the steering wheel, I have brown/white, brown/white, double white 

20210509_160518.jpg

20210509_160448.jpg

Edited by AarhusTr6

According to my USA spec (up to end 1971) diagram, you should only have four spades/terminals (of which 3 are used) ignition switch. Wonder if the ignition switch you have is for a TR6? The 1972 diagram is same as  1971.     I have no diagram for 1973.

Cheers

Alan

To be sure it would be best to use a volt meter, the red/white wire is for the starter motor solenoid, and is only available at the full turn of the key, against the spring in the lock, then fit the white to the other terminal.  Thats what I would do to be sure to get it right.

John

Hi,

drawing of ignition switch terminals attached. There are four terminals, but three of them have double spade tabs. The terminal that Alan describes as not used is for the radio, if fitted. As John says the red/white cable is to the starter. The white will be to either the ign. warning light, the oil press. warning light, or the fuse box. 

Mike.

I'm pleased to say that I managed to get the wiring correct on this!   There was also a zip tie what seems to be holding a green & black wire (anti run?)  ... Is that its job supposed to hold the rubber or plastic cover/boot in place??

Edited by AarhusTr6