Hi Michael,

This may be of no use to you but Moss sell two type of timing chain for the TR4. The cheap one at about £11 and a better one for £42 supposedly made in Germany (it does not mention IWIS)

The TR6 chain is about £8 but they mention no better quality.  Why not give them a call.

Roger

Hi Michael,

I got the IWIS for my 4A from Robert Babor / Germany.

He has a British car repair shop near Heidelberg / Mannheim and offers a range of special TR parts.

www.racinggreen.com

Why not ask him and buy a German product at Germany (disregarding customs problems)?

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320

Have there been any issues with the standard timing chains?

I know there were problems with the tensioners a while back but have there been a spate of broken or stretched chains? Stretching might, over time upset the cam timing I guess. Failure would be a nuisance but not catastrophic as there aren't interference engines so no risk of valves and pistons meeting.

The cheaper chains I've seen have sharp edges on the side plates which potentially give the tensioner a hard time. The more expensive ones seem to have nicely deburred plates.