TR7 V8 Location of coil ballast resistor wire

Anybody know where this wire is actually routed, the coil end seems obvious, but the wiring diagram shows it going all over the place.

I need to bypass it to allow use of a 12volt Mallory coil.

I suppose I could just pick up a 12 volt ignition switched supply from perhaps the unused rear window heater supply as it's a convertible, but I'd prefer to keep it nearer to the original route if possible.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 4:14 PM, Droptop said:

Anybody know where this wire is actually routed, the coil end seems obvious, but the wiring diagram shows it going all over the place.

I need to bypass it to allow use of a 12volt Mallory coil.

I suppose I could just pick up a 12 volt ignition switched supply from perhaps the unused rear window heater supply as it's a convertible, but I'd prefer to keep it nearer to the original route if possible.

The wire is a apparently special kind called Eureka wire and forms part of the loom so the easiest option will be to fix up a new 12v feed direct, that is what I have done for the electronic ignition on my cars.

I can’t recall the wrapped brown wire but when I converted mine to V8 with a S & S kit, I added a SD1 ballast resistor close to the relocated coil behind the L/H headlight as per their wiring diagram.

I recently replaced it with a Lumenition coil and Ballast Resistor when the original TR7 coil failed after 35 years.