Help to identify Chassis VIN Number.

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could identify what car the following chassis number (or engine) is for, as the V5 document just identifies the car as a Triumph with no model name.

Chassis number on the V5 is GE7859CV

The car shows as a convertable with a 2000cc engine, engine number (10HM60158A) first registration in 1968

I have also seen that the GE prefix is used for an early Herald 13/60 1296cc engine. However the V5 has GE7859CV listed as the "VIN / Chassis / Frame number" not the engine and it shows the engine number to be 10HM60158A which is also recorded to be 2000cc not 1300 (1296).

4 minutes ago, jerrytr5 said:

Ignore the V5. What is stamped on the engine block and does it have 4 or 6 cylinders?

at the moment all i have is whats on the V5, i need to work out if it belongs to the very heverly modified car the owner says its for and unfortunatly it is missing the engine so i can not check that.

The Commission Number GE*****CV is for a 13/60 Herald Convertible, 1296cc. The 13/60 engine number prefix is GE up to 1970 and GK for 1970 on. The 13/60 Herald was manufactured by Triumph using the 1600/2 Litre Mk1 Vitesse chassis and it is possible to fit the Vitesse engine. That is as long as you up-grade the brakes, front springs and all the other different parts the Vitesse has. e.g. Gearbox, diff, etc.

The Vitesse engine prefix is HB for 1596cc and HC for 1998cc. The 2000 Saloon engine prefix is MB for Mk1 and ME/ML for Mk2

It sounds as if it maybe a 13/60 Herald Convertible fitted with a 1998cc engine or a kit car built on a Triumph chassis.

Dave

Edited by DaveR
4 hours ago, DaveR said:

The Commission Number GE*****CV is for a 13/60 Herald Convertible, 1296cc. The 13/60 engine number prefix is GE up to 1970 and GK for 1970 on. The 13/60 Herald was manufactured by Triumph using the 1600/2 Litre Mk1 Vitesse chassis and it is possible to fit the Vitesse engine. That is as long as you up-grade the brakes, front springs and all the other different parts the Vitesse has. e.g. Gearbox, diff, etc.

The Vitesse engine prefix is HB for 1596cc and HC for 1998cc. The 2000 Saloon engine prefix is MB for Mk1 and ME/ML for Mk2

It sounds as if it maybe a 13/60 Herald Convertible fitted with a 1998cc engine or a kit car built on a Triumph chassis.

Dave

This was pritty much the conclusion i had come to, but just wanted the oppinion of someone that knows more about triumphs then i do. Looking the car over i think it might have been a Herald 13/60 that had a Spartan kit built from its chassis and running gear but then has been further modified since (looks like an MG TF grill and hood). This would support the engine size as the Sparten was normally paired with the 2ltr Vitesse engine.

The TSSC handle Herald based kit cars. Can I suggest you contact Trevor Collett email specials@tssc.org.uk  He may know the car. The Herald based MG TF is a Gentry kit car.

Dave