TuRK is going to a new home.

My cousin is to be the new owner of 'TuRK' my 1958 TR3A, at least I know it's going to a very good home, and will be treasured and well looked after.  Darren will take ownership at the end of the May.  Lot's of very fond memories of and travels in TuRK; it's time to look forward.

Regards, Andrew

P1010010.thumb.JPG.76356656651d6ff31dcdde93b2effd27.JPG

792720403_BevNinaofftoTheDordogne2014.thumb.JPG.8f0e49d83c79c670ac818d5783ee52aa.JPG

1221073363_Dordogne2014(1).thumb.JPG.b851a0d0faf6205413d5405f4da1fbac.JPG

IMG_1868.thumb.JPG.99602ee769f4727989a6c6eee2018b2f.JPG

IMG_1599.thumb.JPG.9aa6bcb063e7f84771507c4322779d21.JPG

IMG_1893.thumb.jpg.1f200786c7e072b10b75debc78d2f82e.jpg

Lots of great memories in those photos for sure Andrew

lots of space in the garage now though  :-)

steve

15 hours ago, Steves_TR6 said:

Lots of great memories in those photos for sure Andrew

lots of space in the garage now though  :-)

steve

Yes Steve, great memories were made with (and of) TuRK going back to 1983 and I'll be somewhat sad to see it go. But it needs to be used, so now it's Darren's and his son's turn; he's keeping his TR6 and selling his 2004 Porsche 911 Turbo S to make way for it. :)

I'll soon have more room for the TR6, a bike ramp, maybe another motorbike or two to restore and even a TV on the garage wall for YouTube research purposes, just like yours is....... 

Cheers, Andrew

It's great that Darren is taking over the custodianship of TuRK. Keeps it in the family.

As you mentioned, you'll probably be involved with it in the future when servicing or work is required and your familiarity of it will be very helpful to Darren.

Hopefully we'll see it around at one of the events.

Now to fill that space in the garage! Mind you when that happened to me all that filled the space was two very large leather sofas 'just in case one of the kids wants it'! :lol:

16 hours ago, Pogo said:

Now to fill that space in the garage! Mind you when that happened to me all that filled the space was two very large leather sofas 'just in case one of the kids wants it'! :lol:

They won't!

Ask me how I know.

Miles

On 5/4/2021 at 10:59 AM, Andrew Smith said:

I'll soon have more room for .... a TV on the garage wall for YouTube research purposes, just like yours is....... 

Cheers, Andrew

That’s what it’s for, and here’s the proof .....

rebuilding the CB550 motor with guidance from YouTube on the big screen :-)

14BF46EA-829C-45BD-A533-09D5AAD6435E.jpeg

On 5/4/2021 at 4:41 PM, Pogo said:

It's great that Darren is taking over the custodianship of TuRK. Keeps it in the family.

As you mentioned, you'll probably be involved with it in the future when servicing or work is required and your familiarity of it will be very helpful to Darren.

Hopefully we'll see it around at one of the events.

That's exactly what I said would happen Rog - Julie nicked the space as you didn't fill it quick enough! :lol:

4 hours ago, Kiwifrog said:

Hi Andrew

It couldnt be easy to let Turk go, but at least it is still in the family and the memories are for ever

cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

Yes, it will be of a bit of a wrench given my long history with Turk. But as soon as the boys said they didn't want to take it on Bev and I agreed it could go. Darren has always wanted TuRK ever since he borrowed it to go to CLM in 2016 (and has been used very little since) and as you say, it stays in the family and I'm sure I'll still be involved with it, especially when it needs maintenance. :)

3 hours ago, Steves_TR6 said:

That’s what it’s for, and here’s the proof .....

rebuilding the CB550 motor with guidance from YouTube on the big screen :-)

14BF46EA-829C-45BD-A533-09D5AAD6435E.jpeg

Perfect, and at least you can take the head and barrels off the 550 without dropping the lump out of the frame, unlike the CB750! :wacko:

BTW, is that the interlocking rubber matting and does the centre stand or a car jack dig in?

Cheers, Andrew

I did have eva foam tiles which were nice and soft but destroyed by the stand

now have ecotile proper garage floor tiles which are harder but much tougher

i also rebuilt a cb750 dohc over the winter, that’s a much bigger,heavier and more complex motor!