Rocker assembly order

Not sure the actual spacing washer positions could be seen in that picture John. I would have thought that the positions would be those that ensured that all rockers acted as centrally as possible on the valve stems. On my 4A when the valve gear was last overhauled I used some additional shimming washers to achieve this condition.

Tim  

2 hours ago, ed_h said:

They go such that the rocker tips are centered on the valve stems. A little trial and error will find the right configuration.

Ed

Snap!

Hi

So the washers, can vary from car to car, and with the wonder of hindsight, I should have documented the order they came off . . ??

Look at the pic, it seems to be this way

2100599239_rockerorder.png.181b2a6294dc7fe5cbc8f62917191dc0.png

9 hours ago, AarhusTr6 said:

Hi

So the washers, can vary from car to car, and with the wonder of hindsight, I should have documented the order they came off . . ??

Look at the pic, it seems to be this way

2100599239_rockerorder.png.181b2a6294dc7fe5cbc8f62917191dc0.png

Yes, hindsight is wonderful. Whenever I dismantle something that is not self evident, e.g carburettors and linkages I take digital images for reference. 

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

I am at my cave, and starting to fit rocker assembly.  The six studs, one thread is a bit longer, is this in the block or other, ie which way around do they go?  I think I go for short end thread into head, please tell me if I am wrong as I cant torque it until tuesday.

Thanks

Richard

Edited by AarhusTr6