I guess if you are always just comparing different tunes of your own car then so long as you use the same stretch of road, all should be good...

Tim

12 hours ago, Tim D. said:

guess if you are always just comparing different tunes of your own car then so long as you use the same stretch of road, all should be good...

Yes. And if you want to boast, just do the run in a downhill stretch with a following wind :D

• 10 months later...

Judson Guru checking in!  I just found this posting. There should be NO GASKETS on the endplates, only sealant. This will allow internal leakage within the pump. I use gasket shellac. Also, going with a smaller rear bearing on account of the seized bearing will require a smaller rear seal. I would have either had a replacement rear shat made & press fitted, or had the wear built up with weld and returned to 17mm. One more thing - the collar spacer inside the front cover has the 2 seals riding on it, and establishes the clearance between the front of the rotor and the back of the front endcap. DO NOT attempt to run the SC without it, as when you tighten the front nut, you will pull the rotor into the front cover, causing instant galling.

Sorry I did not see this when you were doing the assembly - I hope all went well!

I do have a TR & MGA kit available if anyone is searching for one.

Hi George,

No doubt that you are the global expert in all things Judson... will certainly revisit the endplates on the one I have. Still havent fitted mine...its all ready, just searching for time.

Thanks,

Dave