ARB Rose joints and brackets

Had a day off today so fitted my rose-joint drop links  and made new brackets out of robust angle iron. Top hat spacers used as well. 
car back on the ground and the pivot nicely so not tight with the car weight. 

48316477-2505-4454-8146-565A0D4874AE.jpeg

4D6B8A80-53E4-43D0-8EF2-A404FE795149.jpeg

9DDB9FEF-82EB-4F42-A748-F1005E872E2B.jpeg

Edited by Hamish
Pics

Looks competitive!  Nice outcome.

Does it feel any different or produce more noise?  

I trust there are no restrictions on the use of rose joints in the Hill Climb and Sprint regulations for your class.

Cheers

Peter W

12 minutes ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Looks competitive!  Nice outcome.

Does it feel any different or produce more noise?  

I trust there are no restrictions on the use of rose joints in the Hill Climb and Sprint regulations for your class.

Cheers

Peter W

Hi Pete

not test driven these yet but similar to what I had before just more robust.

yes allowed in my class as I checked with coordinator first.

• 2 weeks later...

Neat brackets Hamish. My links are a bit too long, something like yours would increase the ground clearance

Did you run the car without the collars on the ARB? I'm getting sideways movement of the ARB through the mounting blocks and even then it's putting load on the skid plate ??

Regards

Phil

27 minutes ago, PhilipB said:

Neat brackets Hamish. My links are a bit too long, something like yours would increase the ground clearance

Did you run the car without the collars on the ARB? I'm getting sideways movement of the ARB through the mounting blocks and even then it's putting load on the skid plate ??

Regards

Phil

Thanks Phil

yes i fitted the collars to the outside of the arb ali block mounts because i saw witness marks of lateral movement and bending of my original heath robinson plates

since i have done some road miles and curborough sprint and no lateral movement.

yet to try the car with the new rose joints and angled brackets- i am ashamed to say.

may be next week ? work willing

H