Charity fund raiser.

Hi folks

i am afraid this is a shameless request for donations to aid my wife and her extraordinary challenge in the name of her mum. Who is undergoing cancer treatment.

Suzie is planning and training to run around the island of Anglesey on the coastal path in a 3 day organised race. 

http://www.ringofire.co.uk

she tell more here

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/suzie-roscoe?utm_id=25

you won’t be alone other TR’ers have already contributed. she is a TRR member and driver  ie one of us.

thank you for looking and supporting. 

AA0D703E-CC8B-47D2-A0BD-E1ABFD213CF8.jpeg

Edited by Hamish

Well done to Suzie for doing this challenge and I hope you smash your target.

Come on folks, this is no lame leisure weekend that Suzie is on and the event is just going to be a tiny part of the effort she is putting in.  Before she gets to the start line, she will have spent hours and hours doing miles and miles of training, got through several pairs of trainers and will possibly have said cheerio to a few toenails on the way.  Please support her efforts for this really special cause.

Good Luck, Suzie and very best wishes to your Mum.

Thanks Vicky 

and thank you for the pm.

it is going to be a massive challenge the training is all encompassing diet sleep running weights certain distances on certain days whatever the weather 

learning to eat and run ( harder than it sounds) learning what to eat. She already knows crusts on sandwiches can’t be chewed and swallowed whilst running any distance. 
buying back packs to suit her and the food and drink she needs to carry. 

She is funding all her entry fees and equipment costs. Any donation 100% goes to the north Wales hospital unit who are helping her mum.

Thanks again

Thanks to those that have donated :D most generously :o

to those that haven’t — yet—.  There is still time. ;)

16 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Have done my bit. I hope Suzie does well.

Roger

Big thank you Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Glancing through previous threads this morning, I just realised I'd missed this post the first time round (sorry Hamish).

An incredible challenge, and a worthy cause if ever there was one. All the very best Suzie!

Paypal donation added.

Cheers, Deggers

Thanks folks very generous. 

we took a trip to the island this weekend to see her mum ( who is doing amazingly despite being knackered from a treatment on Thursday) current COVID rules followed !

suzie took the opportunity to do a couple of reconnaissance  runs of the coastal path just over 20miles.  Holyhead clockwise.

she hopes to do most of the unknown sections of route but only 5 months to go.

she is IT savvy so is posting on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/COqYsbNn9-Q/?igshid=vs14voyuw2v9

Good luck Suzie. Donated this morning.

Mal

Missed it first time round. That's quite a challenge, Good luck Suzie.

I should think keeping your ankles intact running on a coast path is going to be a major challenge.

Don't forget, you need to put energy in to get energy out, no doubt Hamish will be criss-crossing the island in the TR with sustenance.

Jerry

What can I say ?

you have all been soooo generous 

a very big 

THANK YOU to all that have donated so far. 

you know who you are. :D

Hi Hamish,

I've just picked this thread up (my son, currently restoring a classic Mini is also blessed with the awesome name of Hamish).   I know the Ring o Fire quite well as I trained with someone who ran it in 2014 - the second day is mega-tough.  The best piece of advice I was ever given for trail running was: "buy shoes that drain well".  

Goretex shoes are great but your feet (or Suzie's feet) will roast like a Sunday joint.   I have given up trail running (temporarily I am hoping) due to illness, the last hurrah being a top 30 finish in the Mountain Running World Cup in 2015.   Anyway, donation on its way.

Slainte - Conrad

Thanks Conrad. Generous and supportive from one who knows. 
there are a few of you out there in tr land who get involved in these extreme running events - I shouldn’t be surprised. :o

but your motto is inspiring and I think I will adopt it for myself.

“Don't stand when you can sit, don't sit when you can lie down"