OE Timken "S" Specification Differential Bearing Set

Hi all - would appreciate some advice from the collective wisdom of all those on here.

I know these sets are highly desirable and in short supply, but realistically, how much is a set of 4 bearings likely to be worth?

These are the genuine OE bearings with the designated "S" specification after the number, denoting their higher quality. The set comprises the following bearings:

1. Pinion Front Bevel Bearing: 15245-15100 S

2. Pinion Rear Bevel Bearing: 3188 S - 3120

3. Output Shaft Bearing x 2 : 16283 - 16150

There are a few scratches on the outer surfaces of the bearings but all the inner faces and rollers are totally unmarked - see attached photos

Would appreciate any comments
Cheers

Rich

IMG_0194.JPG - Resized.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG - Resized.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG - Resized.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG - Resized.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG - Resized.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG - Resized.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG - Resized.JPG

Hi Rich,

Personally, I’m not sure you can put a definitive value, they are worth whatever someone in need is willing to pay - I’d be inclined to ask someone like Mike Papworth or Peter Cox & Son their view on value.

i did see the TLD (not a personal recommendation) was posting on F/book regarding bearings and gearsets, but no mention of explicit prices.

...... Andy 

Rich--

For the pinion, 15100 will not work, at least on distance tube units.  15100SR does work.  Don`t know about 15100S.  Are its measurements he same as 15100 or 15100SR?

Ed

Edited by ed_h
44 minutes ago, tr graham said:

Originals are available but a complete set will set you back around £550

graham

Graham - I've heard of high figures but never that high - does anyone actually buy them at that price? I have enough trouble trying to sell a reconditioned diff for the same money! 

Cheers Rich

23 hours ago, ed_h said:

Rich--

For the pinion, 15100 will not work, at least on distance tube units.  15100SR does work.  Don`t know about 15100S.  Are its measurements he same as 15100 or 15100SR?

Ed

Ed - thanks for this info - I will look into it and report back

cheers Rich

1 hour ago, rcreweread said:

Graham - I've heard of high figures but never that high - does anyone actually buy them at that price? I have enough trouble trying to sell a reconditioned diff for the same money! 

Cheers Rich

That is the difference my good friend who only builds for known ex customers has some sets and will not part with them so yes they are worth strong money 

On 4/25/2021 at 1:06 PM, AndyR100 said:

Hi Rich,

i did see the TLD (not a personal recommendation) was posting on F/book regarding bearings and gearsets, but no mention of explicit prices.

...... Andy 

:ph34r: ditto

Thanks for everyone's recent comments - I'm not very good at Facebook and all I could find were some Christmas photos of TLDs fireplace and a few other comments but nothing about bearings - is it possible for someone to post or PM me a link?

Cheers Rich

18 minutes ago, rcreweread said:

Thanks for everyone's recent comments - I'm not very good at Facebook and all I could find were some Christmas photos of TLDs fireplace and a few other comments but nothing about bearings - is it possible for someone to post or PM me a link?

Cheers Rich

https://www.facebook.com/groups/116689651680167/permalink/4635010076514746/

7 hours ago, rcreweread said:

Sue - thanks for the link

cheers Rich

My pleasure.