Had forgotten aboit Drive It Day.... will get the TR6 out as we need to pick up some click-and-collect items

:-)

Went out into Lincolnshire,  found a cafe open,  then this single track road, not a sole in sight.

Cheers,  Conrad. 

IMG_20210425_123138.jpg

IMG_20210425_143632.jpg

Edited by openroad

Had a ride out this morning on Scruffy, my CB550 lockdown project, with my friend in his 1980 CB750F, which we also rebuilt during lockdown !

parked up for a coffee and saw a few old bikes but no cars !

we did then venture out in the TR6 but didnt take any photos.

A23721AE-63E8-468B-A96D-0BF1D9920BE8.jpeg

3 hours ago, openroad said:

Went out into Lincolnshire,  found a cafe open,  then this single track road, not a sole in sight.

Cheers,  Conrad. 

IMG_20210425_123138.jpg

IMG_20210425_143632.jpg

Nice car

but ace dog

Nice but chilly trip out over the Derbyshire hills. 
shared the driving with my wife. 

3ABB38E7-E9D0-4136-9342-AA35E70F87D2.jpeg

Lovely day out on Drive-it Day. Only a short run this year through the Cheshire lanes, starting at the Blakemere Centre and ending at Lewis Carroll’s birthplace where we had a Covid-19 safe pit stop and chat, then a nice steady drive home.

Mike Redrose Group 

H. Hope you had a good run, did the better looking driver approve of all your upgrades you have carried out.

1F65A37C-D806-4111-A2B6-AC7CD20746A2.jpeg

F6F80D17-1605-432F-989E-FAD8265E70DE.jpeg

7B3200AB-C384-4DFB-9C10-289DEEA84E50.jpeg

I was busy this morning but managed an enjoyable if fairly brief outing round the local lanes later, in the 'Gaffer-tape Special' - the green matches surprisingly well.   Saw only two other classics and exchanged acknowledgements with both. 

dent.jpg.f24a3842a1d00cd3714e793de5a21db6.jpg

On 4/23/2021 at 10:20 PM, Hamish said:

Good luck iain. I hope it all goes back together smoothly and works like a dream. 

Well I did drive the car briefly into the yard ........strangely I had to pump the clutch and the brakes......I guess I didn’t bleed them properly or I have loose unions :-)

Iain

1 hour ago, BRENDA1 said:

H. Hope you had a good run, did the better looking driver approve of all your upgrades you have carried out.

She  approves. And she got the   Fastest time of the day 

Sorry., no run for me in Katie yesterday as I was moving home, but  Well Done  to anyone who raised funds for the Childline NSPCC charity.   And I will put my hand in pocket and make a donation to really worthwhile charity.

Thanks for the photos all who shared.

Pete.

A lovely drive around the Peak District with a picnic at Chatsworth House and an ice cream at Carsington reservoir. Saw quite a few classics on route but fewer than normal years. Met a nice couple from Red Rose group at Chatsworth and saw a red TR6 on the road.

Mick

IMG20210425115936.jpg

Edited by Mick Forey
16 hours ago, Hamish said:

Nice car

but ace dog

He is an old boy, so obviously we are mates,  deaf as a post but loves the TR.

It's Lisa's dog, she is in the passenger seat in the other picture,  she also like to drive the 5.

Cheers Conrad. 

Good run out yesterday for DID, longest since Club Triumph Ten Countries Run in September 2019, I have been taking lockdowns seriously. Picture at Old Warden, Beds., visit to the Shuttleworth Collection on the way home.

I tried Bob's trick to get pic right way up but it didn't work for me!!

Tim

IMG_0254.JPG

Run out along the Cumbria West Coast, for a picnic with the better half.

Glorious day, saw a MK1 Granada, could have been a consul, the sweeniemobile,

Hillman Avenger, and a very nice old English White Morris 1000 traveller, sporting 'Our' Drive-it-Day Rally Plaque.

Photo shows parked up facing teh Solway Firth with Scotland in the Distance.

Glad it was yesterday, because today is bitterly cold!

John.

drive it day 2.jpg

drive it day 21 18.jpg

A beautiful Drive It Day with a meander around North Wiltshire. Burton - Acton Turville - Luckington(photo) - Sherston - Brokenborough - Tetbury - Knockdown - Sherston - Grittleton - Acton Turville - Burton. The only 7s I saw were a pair of beautifully restored Austin 7s. A few others including a big Healey and a Mustang, but no Triumphs at all. IMG_20210425_113057373.thumb.jpeg.e74c81bc0fe894abc5bda30256b7faf5.jpeg