A few of us (who happen to be in the Thames Valley group) are independantly going for an outside pub lunch at a pub we used to frequent pre Covid.

It's not a meeting though.

Bob

Sadly my car is less fit for drive-it day than it was this morning.  Courtesy of a single-track road, a 90 degree corner and a Peugeot coming the other way, my off side front wing is not the shape it was even though the actual coming together happened at no more than walking pace. You should have seen the other guy though.....

The car is still perfectly driveable so I might still be out. It just doesn't look very pretty. Obviously when the car was refurbished back in 1980 they used skim filler as there was a fair amount which has come detached. :o

2 hours ago, RobH said:

Sadly my car is less fit for drive-it day than it was this morning.  Courtesy of a single-track road, a 90 degree corner and a Peugeot coming the other way, my off side front wing is not the shape it was even though the actual coming together happened at no more than walking pace. You should have seen the other guy though.....

The car is still perfectly driveable so I might still be out. It just doesn't look very pretty. Obviously when the car was refurbished back in 1980 they used skim filler as there was a fair amount which has come detached. :o

Sorry to hear that Rob, hopefully the damage can be left until the winter to repair properly. Peter

Yes I think it will keep, Peter.  It would be a pity to waste the summer now we can get out-and-about again. 

3 hours ago, RobH said:

Rob that’s sad news

i hope it’s easily fixed and you can enjoy the car for the summer .

Thanks Hamish. I've pushed the wheel arch back into shape as far as I can and it'll do for now.  Luckily it's only the outer wing which suffered. It now has a strange sort of flare to the arch and a largish dent at the front. Ruined the aerodynamics :wacko:

14 hours ago, RobH said:

Only just catching up Rob, really sorry to hear that...... All the best with eventually getting it back to better than new...... (Peugeot have built some ugly bruisers over the years)

Hoping,  for the first time since rebuilding the chassis ( and engine) to take VHP for short shake down run around the lanes. It’s been a while, lockdown 1 being responsible for the crazy idea to separate and rebuild. 

22C0156E-852A-486A-B087-AC8EB8939263.jpeg

Good luck iain. I hope it all goes back together smoothly and works like a dream. 

Think I’ll take the hardtop off and go for a run out. :D

oh and cross out the numbers 

F2159491-17B8-4B65-B25C-0091E7A09C4A.jpeg

Edited by Hamish

More like a sudden and unaccountably self-curing misfire?

I'm out in the race 2.5L TR Vitesse, sponsored by my neighbours and hopefully by people why see me on the way, for the Drive It Day charity, the NSPCC's  Childline:

image.png.ac6e9bfc233a6e029eb10fcc901817ed.png

Brenda

Mike of the REDROSE group is the pin up picture of the FBHVC DRIVE IT DAY email reminder

well done Mike

well done TR’s

H

CE31A9A2-7B51-4638-924D-BF5A37EA2928.jpeg

We’re out tomorrow for a short run, hopefully no problems with the car pulling to the left or stoping just before the pub. But it will still end up at a pub for lunch as we’re booked in. Hope all that are out have a great day.

Mike Redrose Group 

B2DE98CD-82B6-4D9C-BF49-0CCD8FB33E26.jpeg