TR4 year identity???

After a home inspection by agents working for the DVLC I have been given a reg number ending in "D"

Even the STC number is stamped 1965!

my chassis number is CT39962 LO, can anyone confirm the date of manufacture please.

With that chassis number it would be end of 64 production, STC plate would show 65 as the norm over there was anything registered late in the year would be noted as the next year. Good luck with trying to get it changed though, talk to Graham Andrews as he deals with DVLA.

Stuart.

The Florida Title Document that came with my car when I bought it was dated 1961 because that was the year it was imported into the US from Europe but the car was actually manufactured in 1959 and sold to a USAAF serviceman based in Germany. 

The DVLA originally issued me with a V5 dated 1961 but after I wrote to them explaining the situation and enclosing a copy of the manufacturing details that Bill Piggott provided, they reissued a correctly dated V5. So they are not all bad.

Rgds Ian

The DVLA are a mystery. I have a Volvo PV544 manufactured in 1962 but it is on a D plate which is after production had ceased, a perfect case for the Age Related Number Scheme. After some effort the DVLA accepted the car was built in 1962 and changed the V5 accordingly but they maintain the registration number was issued correctly at the time and I am stuck with the D plate.

Cheers Richard

I am stuck with the D plate.

If the V5 doesn't say "non transferable", I'm fairly sure you can buy a non suffix cheap registration and transfer onto your car to get rid of the D plate. I know, irritating to pay £750 but most of the "age related" plates are issued to vehicles that have had their original plate "asset stripped" and sold off so to prevent perpetuation of this, DVLA will issue "age related" but only on a non transferable basis. Well, that's my understanding!

I don't know if, when DVLA state "non transferable" you can still take off that plate and effectively hand it back to DVLA (ie you can't put it on retention) and put another plate on there (providing it doesn't make the vehicle look newer than it is). 

Regards

Bill