TR6 Acquisition, the car I have admired since 1970-something

2 minutes ago, Paulfc said:

Steve,

Are you able to advise me what the modified master cylinder cap is? 

Many thanks.

In order to use the eezibleed you need to ‘modify’ an old tr6 brake master cap by drilling a hole in it to accomodate the eezibleed valve

easy to do if you have a spare tr6 cap

hth

steve

15 minutes ago, Paulfc said:

Thanks, Steve. Just need to find a suitable spare cap! Hen’s teeth comes to mind.

Hence offered to lend you my modified one !

the tr register is that sort of club

steve

Hi Conrad, I live on the Wirral as well, Mine is a 1972 which I have had since April 1977. I also had an 850 estate as well, but since selling I've had three D70 estates.

The TR is currently under restoration but it has been on the back burner for a while while. If you want any help with anything please PM me at anytime.

Cheers,

Jon.

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2021 at 8:33 PM, scousegit said:

Hi Conrad, I live on the Wirral as well, Mine is a 1972 which I have had since April 1977. I also had an 850 estate as well, but since selling I've had three D70 estates.

The TR is currently under restoration but it has been on the back burner for a while while. If you want any help with anything please PM me at anytime.

Cheers,

Jon.

Thanks Jon - quick question, when refitting the sump, do you use a gasket sealant like hylomar or do you assemble it dry?

Cheers

Conrad

Hello Conrad, I too just bought a TR6 (‘74), literally a couple of weeks ago.  It’s off getting a few things sorted by those with more skill than me.  Like you, I’ve long admired them...but the last time I saw you we definitely didn’t discuss them...1983 at school if my memory serves me correctly?! I too am a Glaswegian accountant...hope the last 40 years have been kind to you!

Nick

Conrad, I have had good experience with fitting thick cork gaskets with Wellseal on both sides. The cork takes up the inevitable deviations from the straight and true on the sump and the Wellseal keeps it well sealed.

Mick