I have reluctantly decided because of ill-heath that my partially restored Doretti will have to have a new owner. The car was being re-built professionally to my personal specification which incorporated a TR4 rear axle and front disc brakes with separate hydraulic brake and clutch systems. A custom heavy duty aluminium fuel tank is also included. The chassis and all the inner steel bodywork have been blasted and re-painted. The steering and suspension have also been restored and a 2" stainless steel exhaust system fitted. A re-built TR2 engine with the correct H6 carbs is installed with a re-built synchromesh gear-box and over-drive from TR Bitz. Radiator has been re-cored.

The car has two restored black leather seats and a third custom adjustable drivers seat along with an oxblood leather dashboard and door trims. Also included are Items such as side mouldings, rear wheel splash-plates, radiator grille and louvres, sill plates, bonnet badge and new stainless steel bumpers and over-riders. A chrome windscreen frame and stanchions together with a new seal and Triplex glass windscreen are also included. There is also a new wiring loom and many other parts

All the outer aluminium panels will require work and the doors should be re-skinned in steel, unfortunately the car's original front and rear wings were lost while in storage but they have been replaced. TTU 455 has only had three previous owners and deserves to be restored. PM me if you are interested from £12K, but don't waste my time with silly offers or exchanges. Inspection welcomed.

Ken

Sorry you have to let that one go, Ken.   That sounds like a great spec with the TR4 rear end and the disc brakes.  The slightly wider TR4 rear track fits the wheel well perfectly and solves the Lockheed deficiencies at the same time.  I’m sure that car will be a fine motor. Good luck with the sale - it’s a bargain!  Prayers for your good health as well.

Cheers

Dan

PS. Any piccies available?