Please take a look under my bonnet

I notice most of the above are missing oil and corrosion (which I had assumed to be mandatory), so just in the interest of balance ...

(Actually, it is looking a bit better than this now, and very gradually improving).

20200910_165207.jpg

PI fuel pump released from the boot and used under bonnet ?

Mick Richards

edit: Oops, phone updated and Kevo beat me to it.

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Never mind...

Edited by JohnC
1 hour ago, roy53 said:

+2 for P I pump but why ???????????

It was used as part of an aborted EFI trial and at the time that picture was taken it was still in place.

Stuart.

Bit of a peeve of mine, but having witnessed horrible burns when a apprentices steel watch band grounded out between a positive battery terminal and the battery strap.  But I suppose you could also practice your welding skills with an errant spanner.

I find it interesting that seven posters have said to hell with originally and use a battery with the terminals at the back.  Makes sense.  Three posters should at least insulate the positive terminals.

Always good to see other owners maintenance and handiwork.

Watch, ring(s), bracelet(s) should be removed when working on a car in order to avoid electrical shorts/burns, but also to avoid the devices getting filthy.

Ian Cornish

Plenty of inspiration so far.

Well its 25% of an engine bay!

Andy

IMG_1147.jpeg

I can second the comments about burns from shorting the battery on a watch bracelet.

Here's my under bonnet picture - definitely not one for the originality buffs, and not pristine by any means.

Rgds Ian

IMG_3372.jpeg

Edited by Ian Vincent
17 hours ago, Will said:

Bit of a peeve of mine, but having witnessed horrible burns when a apprentices steel watch band grounded out between a positive battery terminal and the battery strap.  But I suppose you could also practice your welding skills with an errant spanner.

I never wear jewelry nor a watch ..but it's a point I'd not thought about before - so Thank You for the warning ..which I will duly pass on to any helper.  

My own battery '+' terminal has a rubber hood over it, which I feel is prudent for when I rest a spanner or removed part up there.  But I was dismayed to see there is no cover over the (constantly live) + terminals on the solenoid, or starter motor, to any of the terminals on the voltage regulator.  My job list includes going through all the wiring, replacing any home crimped connector with a soldered one, to correct the wiring size on some, and to otherwise use heat-shrink to cover any wire (live when switched) or vulnerable to dirt / moisture, when I remove clean and Vaseline every  terminal.  It's a time consuming business, but I approach it as therapy.  And man.. do I need that !    :blink:

Here's mine!

TR.jpg

And from a slightly different (non-TR) beast

MG.jpg

Here is my perfectly standard 3a engine bay unless you can see any changes ?? 
(oh the dizzy cap and plug leads were fitted on Sunday due to a miss fire whilst racing) a bit blingy for me.

81503788-B75B-4F7E-9292-9EB0DBC90BB9.jpeg

B8DD2AFA-8BCC-41EC-8F07-88F1BBC25185.jpeg

C406CBE0-88B4-4C4C-854F-F60C886ABD0F.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Lebro said:

Quite a few changes theer I think Hamish !

Bob.

Really ??

I thought it was standard honest officer.

might try one of those concours thingamajigs

Can you get minus scores? 

27 minutes ago, BRENDA1 said:

Bob it’s a good job H has not got a larger engine bay or there wood be more changes.

Mike Redrose Group 

Mike are you saying it’s cluttered !!!! :o :D

Good fun though isn’t it 

Ok Here's mine

Dave from Sunny Spainimage.thumb.png.285cf885983d74e2eaa9fc055461b8d0.png

On 4/19/2021 at 6:25 PM, Will said:

Three posters should at least insulate the positive terminals.

Indeed not insulated positiv terminals seem to win the price!

In the case of an traffic accident this can cause interesting variations of the issue....

Edited by Z320

Silence?

Please remember my intention for this thread:

"For the owner it can be very useful to get informations about want is wrong or damaged there......"

This is a look from the left under my bonnet

29VLNOWqZGbRaGEXvJm0O4yZlTDsyqZuO1oSy0Qn

And one from the right

ucIBCz0va4Zw3XgNh-YhUSjNidr3l_6_1oekskQk

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320