Please take a look under my bonnet

Hi there,

isn't it the most interesting thing to look under a opened TR bonnet?

And for the owner it can be very useful to get informations about want is wrong or damaged there - and of course annoying sometimes too.

Who want's to start with photos?

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320

Charlie was close. The fuel filter was not sitting on the exhaust but was under enough stress that the output connection was bent almost at a right angle, probably influenced by heat. The car ran fine for a few miles and then would cough and splutter. I would pull over a wait a bit and it would start and we would continue. Eventually I noticed the bend in the fuel filter and I removed it. No issues since..

If an additional fuel filter this filter is a good decision: hughe paper surface and throw away when suspicious.

The RB 102 with spades connectors not to screw in my opionion is a good idea.

Please have a look on this photo,

I guess the route of the hydraulic pipes is wrong, the loop I made myself because the pipe was too long,

when I did not own a tool to make it my own.

h7gmTXGEbm0twnBjGo4PkBEsa7-7zKX0vUUwawJ5

If you see anything that makes you worry, please tell me.

Ciao, Marco

you may have already seen this but in the spirit of this thread here it again.

2075438590_phone211030.jpg.87d80cd86899a8ad761eb583c73a19fc.jpg

It's pretty tidy for a 4A but there's always room for improvement.Ā Ā  I'll discard the extra fuel filter, which threatens to drop onto the fan belt.Ā  Why have two anyway ?

Ā 

OK here's something different. (Purists please look away now).Ā 

I have replaced the mechanical fuel pump with a Huco electric one and the original two-fuse arrangement with an eight-fuse block so that each circuit has its own fuse. (I made the blade-fuse block, which is a story in its own right since all the blocks available are too big.).Ā Both mods are very easily changed back to the original arrangements should I so wish in the future, as I have retained the original connections. Ā The only substantial change is the battery master switch and even that would only require a rubber bung in the bulkhead if removed.

pump3a.jpg.14c73a0f4609e02e30a343d3900f6f3e.jpg

pumpfit.thumb.jpg.020e5b2f9200cd702962b931c672ff51.jpg

Ā 

holder3.thumb.jpg.191e2cf88dd7bff4bb226263ed31648b.jpg

Edited by RobH
  • Z320 changed the title to Please take a look under my bonnet
11 minutes ago, MilesA said:

Self securing battery clamp (and the infamous upside down coil)?!

Battery clamp has tubes below the nuts so you didnt look closely enough and you still didnt spot the real anomaly

Stuart.

1 minute ago, jpmf said:

Is that a second windscreen wiper motor, never felt the need for a back up one of themĀ :D

Nope but close in its origin.

Stuart.