State of the nations roads

You guys are starting to feel the influence of the Seriously Useless Vehicles (SUVs) that we have been suffering from for years. The best selling vehicle in Australia for the last 5 years has been the Toyota Hilux. The top 10 are currently all utes and SUVs. Most of them weigh over 2 tonnes and do great damage to our roads, our environment and our road toll. You certainly notice it in a TR! 
It is sad to see even enthusiast magazines like Autocar praising these ridiculous vehicles. Much praise to Andrew Frankel for expressing his contempt for them. 
Rockie

You should see the roads here in the US, especially here in the northeast. Between the harsh winters, and the never ending traffic (we have an epidemic of SUVs, as well as lots of trucks), our primary roads are pounded to dust. That’s why I keep to secondary or county roads whenever I take my TR out. Plus the scenery is nicer!

Jim