Tr3 rear overrider alignment of holes through bodywork

Good morning all.

I couldn't see any items on this topic so here goes.

While fitting the rear overriders with the bolt/tube the holes don't quite align up. I've been able to use an 8mm ripper to open up part of the inner/middle hole but because of the chassis   there's not enough room to complete the hole. My ripper tool isn't quite long enough to reach from the outside and of course I don't want to damage the paintwork. Anyone with any ideas or tools. I've been unable to find any suitable tools.

Regards.

Des. 

Hi Bob

That has been suggested but I didn't think there would be enough movement without undoing all the fixings along the body attachment and am reluctant to do that unless it's absolutely necessary. Rereading your response it's a sideways movement that is required. Have you tried this or do you think there is usually enough give in the body to do this. 

Des.

PS The more I think about this the more I realise that I might have to try that. One of those jobs which should have been checked prior to painting the car.

There is a little amount of clearance on the body mounting holes anyway so just slack all the bolts should allow a bit of sideways movement anyway.

Stuart.