Six point TRS harness for sale

My TRS harness is out of date!, And although  it's had only a few days of use in all the time I've had it, I can't use it for racing any more.   It is suitable for hill climb or sprinting.  New, they are £250+.   Offers over £50?

IMG_20210409_102958.jpg

I don't understand what you mean, Marx!

As you will know, safety equipment is inspected before every race, and the scrutineers have never commented as you just did!   Maybe the photo doesn't  make it clear.   The crutch belts go inside my thighs up to the buckle, just below my waist.  In a forward impact they would grip me by the groins and completely prevent forward movement, or 'submarining'.   

But of course, anyone buying the harness from me can fit the anchor points where they wish!

JOhn

Engineering stuff.

I try to explain.

In case of an accident, your body moves forward...even the seat might move a little forward under high load.

The points 5 and 6 of the belt should hold down the belt lock to prevent diving under the seat belt.

The correct mounting would be, all belts attached in rear direction to hold back the forward moving body.

Your lower belt is attached to the front, means that the belt gets tensionless if your body moves forward.

The lock can move upwards and might enable you body to partly move under the belt. Your knees might get in touch with the dashboard, because your body moves inches forward with your belt configuration. Less body movement in case of an accident is preventing harm.

And don't count on the tech inspections, they are quite relaxed in the UK. They're more after noise pollution than anything else.

BTW, you can use your lower anchors of the crutch belts and attach them the 5-6 straps.

20210414_113636.jpg

Edited by MadMarx

As I am sure you know but for other interested parties viewing later this is the MSUK rule book drawings 

959255EE-BCF9-482C-83C1-8C76C14F1C01.jpeg

Thnak you, Marx!   And thank you Hamish!

Your points are well made,and I now understand, but I would maintain that my anchors are within the +/- 20 degrees from the vetical allowed in the diagram!

John

i tend to agree with Cristian your crutch seems to be anchored way in front of the seat and quite wide apart. They will check for a 4 point harness so ignore the crutch strap.

Stay safe John

Roy