1969 PI TR6 Plinth mounted ignition switch wiring-picture

Evening all

Spent some time stripping the wiring loom(s) prior to making a new one and judging by the state of them the PO's didn't need a heater they just waited for a small fire or two or for the loom to heat up. Baked in a lot of places!

Anyway I've traced all the wires and removed a pile of bodged repair sections but would appreciate if anyone could post a picture of the rear of the ignition switch (mine was missing and I plan to fit a new Lucas one) so I can see where the loom wires  connect to it. Can't seem to find anything on the webb.

Thanks

Andy

IMG_1272.jpeg

Thanks both for your help.

Stuart your pics will help fitting back the loom.

Peter I see the diagrams have the switch connections numbered are the same numbers stamped on the switch or are there 2 spade connectors on position 1 and 3 on position 2 etc.

Typically I have the same circuit diagram minus the numbers!

One last thing anyone where would the best place to fit the auxiliary fuse box and relays in the cockpit?

Andy 

16 hours ago, PodOne said:

One last thing anyone where would the best place to fit the auxiliary fuse box and relays in the cockpit?

Andy 

I fit them up under the passenger footwell and fit them using a strip of wide Velcro so you can pull them down to change anything but you dont have any fixings showing on the footwell top in the engine bay.

Stuart.

9 hours ago, stuart said:

I fit them up under the passenger footwell and fit them using a strip of wide Velcro so you can pull them down to change anything but you dont have any fixings showing on the footwell top in the engine bay.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart seems the most logical place.

Only other place I gave thought to was on the rear scuttle board behind the passenger seat.

Andy

13 hours ago, PodOne said:

Thanks Stuart seems the most logical place.

Only other place I gave thought to was on the rear scuttle board behind the passenger seat.

Andy

Too far away,and theres always the possibility of disturbing them with stuff in the car

Stuart.

On 4/12/2021 at 6:04 PM, PodOne said:

Thanks both for your help.

Stuart your pics will help fitting back the loom.

Peter I see the diagrams have the switch connections numbered are the same numbers stamped on the switch or are there 2 spade connectors on position 1 and 3 on position 2 etc.

Typically I have the same circuit diagram minus the numbers!

Andy 

The workshop manual has an illustration of all the dashboard wiring with a legend that shows what wires go where, I numbered all of my terminals before fitting the loom. There are also illustrations in the WSM showing the switch terminal positions, good luck.