This is why we can't have nice things

This  auto technology got  a mention on BBCWales and is closer to home for me:  https://www.riversimple.com/technology-behind-rasa-hydrogen-car/

Unfortunately hydrogen pumps are non-existent, and that tank in the rear looks vulnerable.  In our hilly terrain the regenerative braking will help range.

Peter

15 minutes ago, Peter Cobbold said:

In our hilly terrain the regenerative braking will help range.

Not unless the Law of Conservation of Energy has changed, as what you gain going downhill will be more than lost when you have to go uphill again!

Pete

4 hours ago, stillp said:

Not unless the Law of Conservation of Energy has changed, as what you gain going downhill will be more than lost when you have to go uphill again!

Pete.

But the loss of potential energy resulting from going downhill wiill be partly conserved in the capacitor and available to provide kinetic energy to start up the next . No need to fly downhill and take a run up the next.

As long as the electrickery works, but those motor-in-wheel look vulnerable to water, mud etc. 

Peter

On 4/17/2021 at 9:18 AM, RogerH said:

Hi Marco,

don't know the material but they were ducted straight out through the wall and down to a drain.

They would freeze up and stop the boiler from working.

Roger

Hi Roger,

this condenser boilers are part of my job and I had never any issue with freezing exhaust fumes.

But we have more frost here at Germany and the regulations do not allow to guide the fumes through walls - and let them end there (if this was the case).

Indeed the highly wet fumes freeze on the wall, causes damages and alga.

Ciao, Marco

8 hours ago, Z320 said:

Hi Roger,

this condenser boilers are part of my job and I had never any issue with freezing exhaust fumes.

But we have more frost here at Germany and the regulations do not allow to guide the fumes through walls - and let them end there (if this was the case).

Indeed the highly wet fumes freeze on the wall, causes damages and alga.

Ciao, Marco

Hi Marco,

the condensate is contained in a pipe and it freezes within the pipe outside the house. The pipes were not insulated a few years ago.

Roger