HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, has died.

Interestingly complaints about the OTT coverage broke all records with over 110,000 complaints logged. The most common issue was that the BBC broadcast the same coverage on all radio and TV stations at the same time.  Saturation and no choice. Just one TV and one radio station would have been more appropriate for 24/7 coverage plus news on the others.

Mick

I found a solution another provider, so many channels, plus prime, Netflix,YouTube, why not turnover.  

it’s easier than complaining, on the other hand perhaps he has earned the respect even if he personally wouldn’t want it.

Edited by Misfit

I'm amazed that none of the complainers seem to have Freeview. There are plenty of free-to-air channels available, and I don't think it unreasonable that our state broadcaster devoted their whole output to HRH for a couple of days.

Pete

I just wanted to listen to radio 2 while I was stripping the engine down.

I happily pay a virgin subscription to get test cricket and rugby but this was just another example of why the license fee should be consigned to history.  Few unique programs and no justification for taxation.