Speedo Trip Reset Cable required

Hi All,

I am in need of a speedo trip reset cable for my CR TR6 as I broke the tangs trying to remove it this afternoon. The cable still works but will not stay in the back of the unit. I've thought of gluing it, but that might not be the best idea on my newly JDO refurbished speedo.

Moss and Rimmers are showing them NCA. My friend Mark picked one up at one of the shows a year or so ago but I can only find a re-manufactured one on ebay with an asking price of £45.50 plus postage!!!

If anyone has one they are willing to sell, I would be appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Sean 

On 4/7/2021 at 8:55 PM, dingle said:

Here is an inexpensive fix for that common problem. It is from the Triumph Experience forum.   https://www.triumphexp.com/forum/tr6-tech-forum.2/odometer-trip-reset-cable-repair.1476567/

Go to post #10.

Berry

Thanks Berry. I have done this and it seems to work well. 

Tested out my newly refurbished and calibrated speedo yesterday and it is reading higher than the speed indicated by GPS satnav. At 50mph the speedo is reading 60. Not best pleased at the moment.

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Thanks Berry. I have done this and it seems to work well. 

Tested out my newly refurbished and calibrated speedo yesterday and it is reading higher than the speed indicated by GPS satnav. At 50mph the speedo is reading 60. Not best pleased at the moment.

Calibrated for the wheels and final drive you are using?

• 4 weeks later...