Roof seal to backlight

Me again, sorry.

I have another question. Where is the rubber sealing roof to backlight fitted on the roof. Does this fit so it sits on the the inner frame of the backlight and should there be a seal on the inner frame?

Greg

Is this any help Greg?

Tim

IMG_4862s.thumb.JPG.a95a71bb388c156697eccd52ec44cf0b.JPG

1 hour ago, Greg said:

Me again, sorry.

I have another question. Where is the rubber sealing roof to backlight fitted on the roof. Does this fit so it sits on the the inner frame of the backlight and should there be a seal on the inner frame?

Greg

Hi Greg,

apart from Tim's seal on the roof itself, if you use the TR6 furflex and rubber seal combined then you end up with a rubber seal running around the forward lip of the rear frame

Roger

P1030721a.jpg

3 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Greg,

apart from Tim's seal on the roof itself, if you use the TR6 furflex and rubber seal combined then you end up with a rubber seal running around the forward lip of the rear frame

Roger

P1030721a.jpg

Hi Roger,

that looks like a good idea. I’ve ordered the furflex seal from Rimmer for the TR4 which it appears runs right around, from drivers door hinge side, over the backlight and finishes at the passenger door hinge side. Would the TR6 do this? 

were the chrome plated and brass finisher things you had made up? 

Greg

This is the other seal as Roger says. 7 metres needed in order to run continuously from top of windscreen round door apertures, around backlight and on to top of windscreen again.

Tim

IMG_5938s.thumb.JPG.7fa64b9336999e1e840e57385822dcae.JPGIMG_6029s.thumb.JPG.840092670b84d8fd6dcfeb526e08d062.JPG

28 minutes ago, Greg said:

Hi Roger,

that looks like a good idea. I’ve ordered the furflex seal from Rimmer for the TR4 which it appears runs right around, from drivers door hinge side, over the backlight and finishes at the passenger door hinge side. Would the TR6 do this? 

were the chrome plated and brass finisher things you had made up? 

Greg

Hi Greg,

Yes the original TR4 furflex was only the fluffy part. This is no longer available.

So people use the TR6 item that has the rubber seal included.

The plates help to protect the top surface from scuffing and the brass knurled nut allows you to, more easily, tighten the frame when seated. If you want them send me a PM.

Roger 

2 hours ago, Greg said:

Me again, sorry.

Greg

Just to be clear, the one supplied by the usuals is not made of rubber but spongy foam 

Edited by Geko
33 minutes ago, Geko said:

Just to be clear, the one supplied by the usuals is not made of rubber but spongy foam 

Hi Geko, 

yes, that’s what it is. Now I know where it is fitted, things are coming along fine. 
Greg

On 4/7/2021 at 9:43 AM, Tim T said:

This is the other seal as Roger says. 7 metres needed in order to run continuously from top of windscreen round door apertures, around backlight and on to top of windscreen again.

Tim

IMG_5938s.thumb.JPG.7fa64b9336999e1e840e57385822dcae.JPGIMG_6029s.thumb.JPG.840092670b84d8fd6dcfeb526e08d062.JPG

Thanks Tim,

ive placed an order today with Rimmer Bros. 
Greg