Oil pump drive bush orientation

Greetings all: The first of no doubt many questions to come now that I'm on the engine rebuild.The oil pump/distributor drive bush has a transverse hole in it, presumably to lubricate both the  drive itself and the main bearing behind it through a passage in the block casting. Yet the holes in my bush are at 90 degrees to the passage into the bearing from the oil galley, so that when I blow into the oil galley opening (haven't put the galley plugs in yet) very little air comes through the bearing-casting oil entry, whereas in the other three bearing castings, the air comes full pressure.

Should I turn the oil pump drive bush to align the transverse holes with the oil passage? Is that what the slots on its top are for?

Thanks in advance, as always!

Blair

On my oil pump bush, the cross drilled hole is in a reduced diameter area so the orientation of the hole shouldn't matter.  Also, when comparing two bushes, it looks like there isn't necessarily a relationship between the hole and the slot in the top face.

Ed

DSC00482a.JPGSDC10020%20(2)a.JPG

Edited by ed_h

I agree with Ed.

The oil to the front bearings flows around the bush, both sides, so there is oil everywhere around the perimeter. I think the groove in the thrust-face is for lubrication purposes.

The excess oil flow back to the sump.

Waldi