4 hours ago, Peter V W said:

TR5 Royal blue, CP1 sold in April 2018 for about £50k.

CP2 last advertised for 79.9k

Thanks Peter

It's a lot of money for CP2 but was sold last time out, It states the first production 5 but surely CP1 is the first? 

2 hours ago, Peter V W said:

CP1 first tr5 built 5 July 1967.

CP2 first production tr5 car built 29 Aug 1967.

Thanks again Peter, that explains things.

I know the first and last models can fetch more money than normal production cars, I suppose being one of the Press cars helps boost its value too, but twice as much as a normal Tr5? 

31 minutes ago, Gary Flinn said:

Thanks again Peter, that explains things.

I know the first and last models can fetch more money than normal production cars, I suppose being one of the Press cars helps boost its value too, but twice as much as a normal Tr5? 

Gary,

Twice as much, not in my opinion.

by the time you add press cars, motor show cars, London, Paris, Italy.

Demo cars etc, it adds up to plus 20 TR5s 

Peter

• 1 month later...

CP5 is quietly for sale. PM me if you are seriously interested and I’ll put you in touch with the owner (not me I should add).

regards

Tony 

On 4/3/2021 at 7:28 PM, Peter V W said:

Gary,

Twice as much, not in my opinion.

by the time you add press cars, motor show cars, London, Paris, Italy.

Demo cars etc, it adds up to plus 20 TR5s 

Peter

When MG auctioned 20 factory demonstrators/press cars/designer’s MGF cars to the MG dealer network they sold for over 100% of new car value.   We modified a couple of the high milers with leather interiors or hard tops to incentivise the sale.

I wonder where those cars are now, particularly Gerry Mc Govern’s company car with its unique cream leather and ash piping interior. (usual was cream with parchment)   There was one particular press car that had an experimental 20 mm deeper full width front skirt that always got praise for its astounding stability at high speeds.

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
  • 4 weeks later...

hi there.

Only just seen this note on the forum. CP1 is in the village that I live in and is up and running. I am trying to get the owner to join out club. Hopefully he will realise the importance of his vehicle and restore the car back to as original spec as posable. The other vehicles he owns are in 1st class condition and very well looked after. I believe it now has a good owner who has the means to carry out any work the car requires.

mike797