Cream or jam first, settled by recommendation.

So true for us, although I don’t want to be likened or compared to Hitler.:(

1 hour ago, stillp said:

A day trip to Trago Mills! Lebensraum at its finest! :D

Pete

We have been past it on numerous occasions over very many years but we have never been inside as Roger won’t stop.

5 hours ago, modelbuilder said:

1/ The last time people listened to him, well lets just say, perhaps his decision making was dubious to say the least.

2/ If you want to go to Trago Mills even Mr Robertson the original owner was bright enough to built his purpose built super store in Newton Abbot Devon with amusements, rides, trains ride, Garden centre and restaurants. Not the ramshackle place where if you are lucky you won’t loose yourself.

I don’t know Iain shell fuel prices are good, but the carpet store, garden centre, builder merchants, bathroom, kitchen departments even the  motor section and camping store aren’t bad, even reasonable priced.

Edited by Misfit
14 hours ago, stillp said:

A day trip to Trago Mills! Lebensraum at its finest! :D

Pete

11 hours ago, iain said:

The only good thing at Trago......the fuel prices.

Iain

Leave Trago Mills alone!

We first (or last, take your pick) went there when the kids were small, they are now in their 40's.

They loved it, me . . . . . .not so much, but, it has decent (still free?) Parking and the kids could unwind for a while, so, what's not to like.

13 hours ago, SuzanneH said:

We have been past it on numerous occasions over very many years but we have never been inside as Roger won’t stop.

We did go inside the place in the late 70's early 80's whilst holidaying down there with Sue's parents.

It was just a different type of B&Q.

Didn't really want to buy a dustbin whilst on holiday.

Roger

15 hours ago, SuzanneH said:

Well at least he’s saved you wasting a couple of hours of your life. 

Rgds Ian

Our picnic table, bench and two chairs, all in decent thickness hardwood (not the rather spindly stuff one sees quite often), were purchased about 40 years ago at Trago and assembled by me when we returned home.  All continue to serve us well, even though they look rather disgraceful and I haven't applied linseed oil for some 25 years.

If one chooses carefully, Trago continues to offer competitive pricing on an enormous range of goods.

Ian Cornish

6 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

Well at least he’s saved you wasting a couple of hours of your life. 

Rgds Ian

Yes, I do vaguely remember going there fleetingly but our son is 40 this month and this was the holiday he spent a lot of time travelling in the boot of our brand new Astra because my parents were with us.Our son would have been 4 or 5. I also seem to think it was on the same day that our windscreen broke and we were covered in particles of glass inside the car and had to wait for someone to come out and sort it somewhere near Lostwithiel. Perhaps the shock of the bang of the windscreen blowing put everything else out of my mind.

I don’t think we knew Trago Mills had children’s amusements there, or perhaps that long ago it didn’t.

It depends on which Trago Mills you visited.  The one near Newton Abbot has the amusement park, the one near Liskeard and the one in Falmouth don't.

Rgds Ian

Edited by Ian Vincent
9 minutes ago, Ian Vincent said:

It depends on which Trago Mills you visited.  The one near Newton Abbot has the amusement park, the one near Liskeard and the one in Falmouth don't.

Rgds Ian

Ah OK I didn’t know there were more than one, I think we were at the one near Liskeard, thanks.

Suzanne unlike Iain I have found Trago a useful place, there isn’t much you can’t get there, Having first shopped there when most stock 47 years ago was bankrupt stock, purchased by Mr Robertson. I have refurbished properties with complete kitchens and bathrooms, tiles, wall paper and paint. White goods to wood burners.  Purchased Equestrian tack, jackets and hats. Bought Mowers to garden sheds and plants. Camping equipment, Motor oils to car polish and as Iain said Shell fuel at low prices.

I was paying a C/C bill and the Girl in Newcastle taking my payment said oh you buy stuff at Trago Mills, we have a coach trip organised to Newton Abbot to get our Christmas shopping, bringing the children they love the amusements and train ride there.  It’s different now from the large sheds 47 years ago and bankrupt stock. But we’ll worth a visit that’s when they open fully very soon.

16 hours ago, SuzanneH said:

our son ... spent a lot of time travelling in the boot of our brand new Astra

Did you hide him in there so you didn't have to pay his entrance fee to get into the amusement park?

Charlie

You have to watch out for the peacocks . They tend to hide in the most weird places and then scare the **** out of you when you disturb them . My daughter hates the bloody things since she was chased by one many moons ago . .....it was hilarious !!!

1 hour ago, Crawfie said:

You have to watch out for the peacocks . They tend to hide in the most weird places and then scare the **** out of you when you disturb them . My daughter hates the bloody things since she was chased by one many moons ago . .....it was hilarious !!!

We have white Peacocks at the bottom of our garden, well over the back fence. They used to walk on the roofs of the houses down there. On one very stormy night we woke up to two very bedraggled ordinary coloured young peacocks in our back garden. Rogers got a picture of them somewhere.

They have just started calling again this year, a very sad lamenting sort of call.

1 hour ago, SuzanneH said:

We have white Peacocks at the bottom of our garden, well over the back fence. They used to walk on the roofs of the houses down there. On one very stormy night we woke up to two very bedraggled ordinary coloured young peacocks in our back garden. Rogers got a picture of them somewhere.

They have just started calling again this year, a very sad lamenting sort of call.

They don’t seem to have a “good press “ . The tail  feathers of the male bird are supposed the bring bad luck . 

3 hours ago, Crawfie said:

They don’t seem to have a “good press “ . The tail  feathers of the male bird are supposed the bring bad luck . 

I have had a tail feather of a Peacock  in our house for about 35 years. When I took my son to The Bunny Park in Hanwell West London ( under Brunel’s Wharncliffe Viaduct ) as a toddler, he kept chasing the Peacocks to try to get a tail feather, I think a park warden gave him a feather in the end and it’s been in a vase on top of a wall clock ever since. Like you my mother was horrified that we kept it in the house, I wouldn’t say I am not superstitious but a Peacocks feather doesn’t bother me at all.

9A2D59E9-CA85-4CB9-BE5A-585E3A8B4E55.jpeg

Edited by SuzanneH

Very rakish!

A neighbour used to keep peacocks, bloody noisy they were.

One decided to come and live in our garden, and next door were all "Oooooooooh! Bird of lll Omen!"

The bird then died, on their backdoor step!   T'was the bird wwhich had bad luck, I fear!

JOhn

We had them in our garden they arrived and stayed for weeks when the head of the parish council turned up one morning and asked us to get rid off them. We stopped feeding them then one day they were gone. 

During the war my mother was in the land army and use to find eggs lying on the ground she would collect them and eat them. Until it was discovered they were peacocks eggs from the estate-